Is this right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice welcome.
Roofers have been and felt looks folded over and likely to cause pockets and possible pooling.
Should I be worried or are they likely to correct this going forward and I shouldn't worry just yet?
Many thanks

Attachments

• 20180306_171132.jpg
    20180306_171132.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 20180306_171034.jpg
    20180306_171034.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 149
Sponsored Links
Always baffles me why some trades rush to fit the roof tiles long before more pressing work needs doing like eaves trays, valley detailing, trimming felt etc.

the hip picture makes no sense.I expect water to run under the folded back laps.

Doesn't look like a roofer is doing it to me. Must be one of the "some Trades" !

Keep the pictures coming....

If they have left the valley like that then I hope there isn't much underneath.

Sponsored Links
It may yet be.

Unsurprisingly the roof is leaking in the current rain. Builder summoned to explain and point out damaged felting, and odd choice of build order.

They spend this week attaching tiles and measuring fascia, I would have thought should have got felting right, then the valley and eaves trays. Then maybe put some tiles on. Then ridge tiles, and then maybe worried about fascia and guttering.

Perhaps they had labourers on site they wanted to keep busy.

Or a lack of organisation meant the tiles were on site, but not other bits they needed......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back