Is this safe??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What id like to know is if the following would be safe.

We have a stud wall separating the bathroom from the hallway. On the hallway side of the wall there is a light switch with the cable running up inside the stud wall to the loft. Inside the bathroom I want to fit a new shower but the plumbing for the shower would be within the same stud wall as the cable for the light switch.

Would this be safe or would I need to move the switch to another wall. The cable isnt inside any conduit or anything. Moving it would be a hassle but if its necessary then I will do it.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
No problem with that. You could even tie the cables together if you really wanted to. Proximity of cables only becomes an issue with data and phone and RF cables.

I think I should have mentioned that the shower isnt an electric one, so my concern would be the need to have water pipes so close to any cables, for example, if a pipe leaked.

Judging by your answers, this would still be OK would it??

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Perfecly ok, just try and keep the pipes away from the cable, don't want the hot pipes melting the cable

misread first post - thought he was running a new cable not plumbing :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back