Is this set-up Economy 7?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think the set-up above is Economy 7, because it has a timer on the right. Is the set-up below Economy 7?

The set-up below is for the flat in question, which has a storage heater and hot water tank wired up to points marked 'off-peak', but they don't work, even at night. Thanks ...

19112010552.jpg

Sponsored Links
Both meters are set up for off peak usage. If you have night storage heaters, you most probably have 2 fuse boards, are they both switched on???

Thanks. Yes, they're both switched on and I've checked the fuses.

Edit, sorry, just read the OP again. On the meter, there are 2 reading points and to the right of them, there is a lamp by each. The lamp by the "Normal" reading should be lit constantly. When the time clock powers up the "low" side of the meter, the light should come on next to the Low reading, if it does not, there is a fault with the time clock.

Sponsored Links
Both boards appear to be Economy 7. The uppermost board has an elderly timeswitch, whereas the lower board for the flat in question has a modern teleswitch meter. It's not unknown for this device to fail, so in the first instance: make a temporary connection from an on-peak socket outlet to the storage heater and then to the immersion heater just to prove that they're working. If so, then it will be the teleswitch at fault and a matter for the supplier.

Lucia.

Great. Is the big black box on the right of the below set-up the teleswitch?

No, the meter itself is the teleswitch. It receives a radio signal (on the BBC Radio 4 frequency) to change the tariff from on-peak to off peak.

This is most annoying for me personally as I have this type of contraption which causes interference on my radio when I'm listening to "Poetry Please" on R4 of a Saturday night.......

Lucia.

Wontdothatagain and PrinceofDarkness, thanks. I'll contact the supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back