Is this the going rate or am I being overcharged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Don't like anything that is not serviceable. Anything I fit is easily fixed if theres a problem. If its what a customer wants then I tip my hat a bid them farewell.

Sponsored Links
Yes I agree, if that is what he charges then that is what he charges, regardless of if it is steep. I just wanted an idea of if this was reasonable, I’m concluding that it is on the high side but not a complete rip off. But I think I can get it done for less. After a lot of enquiries I am now looking at another option, which is using different trades separately, this will work out a lot cheaper but it will also take longer and may give me a headache organising different busy people to come in at different times and leave me without a bathroom for much longer than I wanted. I have a tiler and a plasterer that both charge me £150 day rate. A plumber who will fit the suite/shower and sink the pipes for £680 and then then someone for electrics side for minimal money (says he wants nothing but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that). It’s not ideal but I think it’s that or no new bathroom!
Absolutely.. did my last build like this, managed the tradesmen myself as i can turn my hand to electrical plumbing and building so hard to hoodwink me so far. And yes that's where you can save alot of money. But i did it myself because the margins were big and budget was tight. Now im past that i'd pick a good project manager to do my next build. So many chancers out there they can manage the risk.

View attachment 207330
this was march £3800 all in.
bit bigger than your room.

Nice bathroom, and looks spot on. Only one this is, I hope that bath tap is the highest quality - not Chinky. If not, and it goes wrong as I've seen many times, bath has to be ripped out to replace tap. Or often easier to come through wall if there's another room other side of wall where tap is.

EDIT> Typed this before I noticed others saying same thing.

Last edited:
It's rather pointless, a bunch of tradespeople telling a zero skills customer, how much it cost them to do a bathroom. Unrealistic and pointless. Especially when the building waste has been fly tipped, half the costs are missing and materials nicked or borrowed from another job. lol.

GET MORE QUOTES.

Last edited:
Especially when the building waste has been fly tipped, half the stuff is missing or nicked or borrowed from another job. lol.

It's a bit like watching 'homes under the hammer', when they have a new bathroom, kitchen, full plumbing, electrics, knock walls down, fully replatered, new driveway and garden make over for £15,000.

Andy

It's rather pointless, a bunch of tradespeople telling a zero skills customer, how much they did a bathroom for. Unrealistic and pointless. Especially when the building waste has been fly tipped, half the stuff is missing or nicked or borrowed from another job. lol.

Indeed, we need more constructive posts like yours.

ps. Well done benny, nice job and at at a very good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back