Is this video genuine.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I watched this video and found it quite disturbing.
I then thought about it , maybe it could be faked.
I hope it is fake, the idea that stuff like this happens in real life makes me angry.

Sponsored Links
It's CNN so it must be true. If it had been Fox news, then the lefties would have beaten me to first reply.

Could not open the video but ref to selling thete daughters ?

Been going on for decades in some of these dire ear a Stan places which are hell on earth for girls

My sister witnessed the shocking treatment of young girls in either Somalia or Sudan

I watched this video and found it quite disturbing.
I then thought about it , maybe it could be faked.
I hope it is fake, the idea that stuff like this happens in real life makes me angry.

I read an article in the Times about this a couple of years ago. A carpenter told how he was forced to sell his daughter since the family had nothing left. Desperate times...many folk in the country barely have two sticks to start a fire in order to survive. Not surprising after 45 years of constant war. What would you do in his position?

Sponsored Links
I read an article in the Times about this a couple of years ago. A carpenter told how he was forced to sell his daughter since the family had nothing left. Desperate times...many folk in the country barely have two sticks to start a fire in order to survive. Not surprising after 45 years of constant war. What would you do in his position?
Are you a real person?

Could not open the video but ref to selling thete daughters ?

Been going on for decades in some of these dire ear a Stan places which are hell on earth for girls

My sister witnessed the shocking treatment of young girls in either Somalia or Sudan
yeah; it's shocking what goes on in Third World countries...

The National Archives of Ireland contain just a few snippets, but they are enough to make clear that State officials in 1950s Ireland knew the country was a centre for illegal international baby trafficking.

Unmarried mother Philomena Lee was forced to give up her son to Irish nuns, who sold him on to rich Americans. For decades she tried to find him. A chance meeting with Martin Sixsmith eventually uncovered the truth

the Guardian

yeah; it's shocking what goes on in Third World countries...

The National Archives of Ireland contain just a few snippets, but they are enough to make clear that State officials in 1950s Ireland knew the country was a centre for illegal international baby trafficking.

Unmarried mother Philomena Lee was forced to give up her son to Irish nuns, who sold him on to rich Americans. For decades she tried to find him. A chance meeting with Martin Sixsmith eventually uncovered the truth

the Guardian

Than of course there was the magdolin (?) laundry caper in Ireland afaik carried on into the 70s ??

There was also of course the 'stolen generations' in Australia also up to the 70's...

And the British policy (Home Children) of sending 100,000 children to Australia/Canada/New Zealand/South Africa which also only ended in the 70's

"A parliamentary inquiry in Britain found that many migrant children were subjected to systematic abuse in religious schools in Australia, New Zealand and other countries"

Than of course there is (?) the massive cover up of the sexual abuse of children in the Catholic Church still going on ( probably )

There are other forms of selling/exploitation too...

Children crying out for stability are paying the highest price for Britain’s chaotic and exploitative residential care

"Children’s residential care, foster care and special schools have steadily been taken over – with the blessing of successive governments – by profit-making companies. Private agencies now own 36% of the fostering sector in England, while profit-making corporations own 83% of children’s residential care. “Blocks of provision” – which means numbers of children – are traded from one company to another. How much is a human being worth? The value of a child on the books, as the dedicated journalist Martin Barrow documents, is £100,000"

"Children in residential care, on average, generate £910 each of profit a week for the corporations that control them"

"The system is in crisis, but crisis is lucrative"

There was also of course the 'stolen generations' in Australia also up to the 70's...

And the British policy (Home Children) of sending 100,000 children to Australia/Canada/New Zealand/South Africa which also only ended in the 70's

"A parliamentary inquiry in Britain found that many migrant children were subjected to systematic abuse in religious schools in Australia, New Zealand and other countries"

Historically I think all countries and it's people have its dark moments that would now be illegal.

Some have grown with time.
Some still live within the middle ages and ancient law that some still live by.

The common thread seems to be poverty.
In the West kids were routinely sent to orphanages or sold to better off families.
Religion plays a part but rich Muslims or Christians don't get rid of their kids in the same manner.

Think back in time to what age people needed to be to work here. One of my nan's told me that she mostly grew up on a farm as her parents couldn't afford her. She died in her early 90's rather a long time ago now.

You might conclude that work fixes this Afghan problem but a good fix also needs wealth to allow the age to be increased.

Sponsored Links
Back