Issue with Potterton EP2 programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the last few weeks I noticed that my central heating and hot water was staying on even though my programmer was saying it was off. I checked everything and the only way to turn the boiler off was at the mains! The programmer in question was a Potterton EP2002 and was approx 12 years old. Upon reading some comments on this site I took the advice and purchased a new EP2 programmer. It was very simple to install but I am still having the same issue! Any ideas, greatly welcome?

Sponsored Links
Which boiler do you have?
Is it in the garage or somewhere similar?
How many motorized valves do you have?

The boiler is a Potterton Suprima and is in the kitchen. As for valves, im afraid youv'e lost me?

Sponsored Links
There is one T junction style. I thought the tank in the airing cupboard was an emersion heater so its switched off. Have I been a complete idiot?

There is one T junction style. I thought the tank in the airing cupboard was an emersion heater so its switched off. Have I been a complete idiot?
The water in the cylinder is normally heated via a copper coil, through which the boiler water can pass. The motorised valve can send the boiler water to the cylinder or the rads or both at the same time.

The electric immersion heater is just a standby, so it's OK to turn it off.

There are several possible causes of the problem.

Mid-position valve operation and fault finding should help you sort it out.

You are right! The problem seems to be with the mid position actuator sticking. It is very stiff! I will pop out in the morning and get some lubricant. Ill keep you posted!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back