It pays to complain.

Monday will be a war for me, I'm well outraged.
Had a Hotpoint dishwasher for 14 years, it broke down a dozen time and was repaired by Hotpoint, most under warranty, a couple of times I had to pay.
Yesterday bad smell of burnt.
Turned it off and found.... see picture.
Called my spark and he said to check for recalls.
Guess what?
There's a recall on my machine for fire hazard.
They know who i am, where i live and they know i have one of their dangerous machines but they decided to keep it quite.
What if we were asleep and the house burned down?
Funny thing is as soon as I saw the problem I bought a new supply cable assembly from ransom spares for £20.
I'm gonna ask for this £20 back as well as the recall repair.
I'm livid!

Attachments

• 20200626_172506.jpg
    20200626_172506.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 147
Sponsored Links
Monday will be a war for me, I'm well outraged.
Had a Hotpoint dishwasher for 14 years, it broke down a dozen time and was repaired by Hotpoint, most under warranty, a couple of times I had to pay.
Yesterday bad smell of burnt.
Turned it off and found.... see picture.
Guess what?
There's a recall on my machine for fire hazard.
They know who i am, where i live and they know i have one of their dangerous machines but they decided to keep it quite.
What if we were asleep and the house burned down?
Funny thing is as soon as I saw the problem I bought a new supply cable assembly from ransom spares for £20.
I'm gonna ask for this £20 back as well as the recall repair.
I'm livid!

Keep at it, persistence is the key!

Had a result with TopCashback today. Been arguing with them since March over cashback not paid. Bought a £246 AA policy through them and they tried to fiddle me out of it. AA helped me and today I had confirmation from them that my £155 cashback claim is going to be paid. Result!

Keep at it, persistence is the key!

Had a result with TopCashback today. Been arguing with them since March over cashback not paid. Bought a £246 AA policy through them and they tried to fiddle me out of it. AA helped me and today I had confirmation from them that my £155 cashback claim is going to be paid. Result!
All repaired including other bits that were broken and i'd superglued in the past.
Technician must have been told to look after me.
It's very stupid what they do.
They should contact affected owners one by one otherwise sooner or later someone will die.

Guess what? There's a recall on my machine for fire hazard.
:eek: What model is it? We have a Hotpoint BF71 integrated dishwasher of the same age, maybe even older.

Sponsored Links
:confused:My car's 5 year guaranteed battery, has been showing signs of imminent demise for the past 6 or so months, so expecting it to be older than the 5 years, I checked back through my records - it was four years and one month since installed. I contacted the distant seller, who confirmed it was still in guarantee, but I had to buy a new one from them, return the old one for them to test and confirm it faulty. Sounded a bit dodgy I thought, to rely on them declaring it faulty, but in for a penny.... I got a full Paypal refund of the cost of my second battery, the day after they took delivery.

I am not usually that lucky. I returned a couple of packs of those thin chocolate biscuits, which had suffered heat damage and were all stuck together in a big lump. Miserable all the time local shop manager insisted they had not been damaged by heat in their shop, it had a/c. I pointed out they might have suffered in the delivery truck, in storage, or before they were even moved into the shop - it was summer and quite warm weather. He offered an exchange of the same, from their shelves, but I pointed out that they would all probably be the same. Rather than argue, he chucked a pound at me from the till, half the cost of the biscuits. He was obviously wound up by something, so I just took it and walked out. He was gone just days later.

I have had variable success with compliments and complaint to other companies, in writing. Many companies these days do just ignore emails particularly the smaller companies. The bigger ones are much more generous in dealing with complaints. A few years ago I had cause to complain to Crown, that their supposed to cover in one coat white paint, hadn't covered in one coat, despite being white on white. This was painting all of the woodwork throughout the place. After a few exchanges of email, they sent me a £60 voucher to buy any Crown products I wanted. The voucher came just at the right time, because I had much more painting to do and much more paint needed. Much of the white woodwork is still waiting for its second coat of paint:confused:

All repaired including other bits that were broken and i'd superglued in the past.
Technician must have been told to look after me.
It's very stupid what they do.
They should contact affected owners one by one otherwise sooner or later someone will die.

Only the government can force them, or a consumer program on TV. The government in the UK seems mostly uninterested in getting involved with such things, other countries are much better and on the ball. Class Actions are rife in the US, any such actions in the UK fall flat on their face.

Once, as a bet, i complained about 3 large Heineken bottled beers being not of usual taste.
To my surprise I got a £15 voucher which tesco accepted without batting an eyelid.
When Virgin decided to make cola the bottles had a refund statement on them - it was:evil: so I sent a letter and said " Dear Richard, your cola tastes like it has been stored in one of your rubber products ( they did condoms too ) and gave me enough wind to fill one of your (passenger carrying) balloons. I claim a refund" Got a cheque ;). PS sorry about the brackets, but not everyone remembers Virgin's obscure products, way back.

Success! After TopCashback tried to fiddle me out of a cashback payout on a technicality for an AA policy that I bought in March, I complained to the AA, got them onside and today I finally had a result. :)

16E2429A-E388-479D-9952-5EFAE52BF189.jpeg

Not a bad payout on a £246 policy - joint policy covering me and Mrs Mottie, any car or motorcycle we are in (even as a passenger), roadside, relay and up to 6 payments of £550 a time towards the repairs if we are in our main car and it can’t be fixed at the roadside. Actual cost to me - £84. If at first you don’t succeed, moan, moan and moan again. :LOL:

Back in the 1960's my aunt found a metal nut in a can of soup. My uncle insisted on telling the manufacturers about the nut in case one of their machines was falling apart. ( He was an engineer ).
My FIL complained about a piece of metal he found in his muesli. He got an apology, some vouchers and was told it looked like a filling from a tooth. When he checked his teeth, he had a missing filling!

Complaining hat on again today. PG Tips! Half the contents are stick together and unless you are very careful with a pair of scissors, they rip when you try to separate them. Complaint made. Mrs Mottie said to me "Get a life"! I told her, "This is my life!" :LOL:

Grrr.

1708939C-69AB-4021-A986-7167B3109825.jpeg

I colleague of mine purchased an engagement ring, think it cost him £500,

3 weeks later after proposing and getting the yes answer, him and his wife to be walked past the same jewelers and through the window he eyed the very same ring on sale for £100 less, he grabbed the ring off his fiancé and marched in the shop demanding a refund for the new discount. His fiancé was mortified, he got his 100 refund, think the shop felt sorry for his fiancé , he then went and spent the money on bits for his cycle bike.

The fiance wasn't impressed, felt the money should have been spent on her lol.

I am often quite successful with complaints but I have had less success lately.

I wrote a complaint to Stanley about their confusing instructions for one of their pressure washers and heard nowt.

Sent it again recorded and still nowt.

Had a delivery from Iceland in early November 2020 and several items were either dated the day of delivery or earlier.....
A piece of cheese, despite being fully sealed up, had a chunk missing and when weighed, it was nearly an ounce under.

I used to work in a dairy and know there are strict laws about how much variation there can be in the weight. I wanted to tell them about the cheese so they could check their machinery.

Emails, when not ignored were asking for information I had already given. Every time I got an email, it was from a different person. Eventually, I couldn't get any further response. It got forgotten for a while, then Mrs S said why don't you try Twitter; they're bound to take notice of that.

So I did and lo and behold, a couple of messages later I had a refund for all the out of date food and the cheese too.

Not bad considering we froze it all and scoffed it later.

The Uk has turned into a nation of complainers , whingers & moaners

and its getting worst

some people are never happy unless they have some thing to complain about

wonder how many complaints ann summers gets ? with there kit ? or people taking them to the small claims court because some rabbit
did not do what it said on the tin

or the p**** enlargement course that Doris bought for her husband did nowt

probably very few :idea:

Sponsored Links
Back