It pays to complain.

Sponsored Links
Update to my run of good luck on the complaining front. One of my watches had been losing about 10 seconds a day. I only had a month of the three year warranty left on it so I sent it back to Omega. Just had an email from them and they’ve given it a full service and another 24 months warranty. If I’d been paying for the service it would have cost me £450 plus parts. Result!

This country has turned into a nation of moaners and whingers imo

Whinge complain and grizzle about pretty much any Thing?

And if they have nothing to whinge about they whinge about that

Whingers :) Blimey try working in social housing

Absolute nightmare thank f
I got out of it :)

Update to my run of good luck on the complaining front. One of my watches had been losing about 10 seconds a day. I only had a month of the three year warranty left on it so I sent it back to Omega. Just had an email from them and they’ve given it a full service and another 24 months warranty. If I’d been paying for the service it would have cost me £450 plus parts. Result!

Had a relatively cheap fashion watch from Marks & Spencer in which the battery died. Took it to M&S as they send them away for battery change. Found that they had changed their supplier so they could no longer offer battery change for those watches so they allowed me to choose a new watch FOC.

Sponsored Links
Booked a 3 day break in a 5* hotel in Barcelona for our anniversary. Was due to be going on the 5th - 8th July. Booked it in January through Hotels.com and paid up front @£700 instead of at the hotel@£850. Non cancellable and non refundable. The wife is adamant we're not going even if restrictions are lifted as all the sites and attractions will be crowded. I see on the website the hotel has been closed since March 16th. I contacted them and they said basically, tough luck. Contacted Hotels.com and they also said tough luck, non cancellable. I told them I’m not cancelling but they can’t provide what I’ve paid for. They said they could perhaps change the dates or give me a credit. I said **** off, I want a refund. They’re now refunding me.
Refund received and just in time - the hotel is now opening up on July 2nd! No way would we have got a refund now and what with Spain also dropping their quarantine requirements from today we wouldn’t have been able to cancel our flights either - luckily EasyJet cancelled our outbound flight a few days ago too. Even if there were no quarantine or restrictions on travel we wouldn’t have gone, it’s just too soon. Just got to decide whether I want a refund, a voucher or a free transfer to any European flight before the end of next May from EasyJet.

Last edited:
This country has turned into a nation of moaners and whingers imo

Whinge complain and grizzle about pretty much any Thing?

And if they have nothing to whinge about they whinge about that

Whingers :) Blimey try working in social housing

Absolute nightmare thank f
I got out of it :)
Is that a whinge or a moan about whingers and moaners? :p

luckily EasyJet cancelled our outbound flight a few days ago too. Even if there were no quarantine or restrictions on travel we wouldn’t have gone, it’s just too soon. Just got to decide whether I want a refund, a voucher or a free transfer to any European flight before the end of next May from EasyJet.
More luck! Just looking at the cancellation/rebooking process on the flights and for the first time EVER, I’d spelled my wife’s surname wrong!!! Looks like it will be a refund then - can’t get vouchers or change same passengers to another flight if the name is wrong. (n)

I've been complaining lately with various companies and I’ve had a good result with all of 'em.

Bought a Karcher one day after the £50 cashback offer expired. Moaned, got my voucher.

Booked a 3 day break in a 5* hotel in Barcelona for our anniversary. Was due to be going on the 5th - 8th July. Booked it in January through Hotels.com and paid up front @£700 instead of at the hotel@£850. Non cancellable and non refundable. The wife is adamant we're not going even if restrictions are lifted as all the sites and attractions will be crowded. I see on the website the hotel has been closed since March 16th. I contacted them and they said basically, tough luck. Contacted Hotels.com and they also said tough luck, non cancellable. I told them I’m not cancelling but they can’t provide what I’ve paid for. They said they could perhaps change the dates or give me a credit. I said **** off, I want a refund. They’re now refunding me.

Finally, my son bought me some socks for Christmas. Three pairs @15 a pair from The London Sock Company. I don’t wear them for work so they’ve probably been worn a dozen/fifteen times at most. They fit and feel superb but I noticed that one pair (coincidentally my least favourite pair so had been worn less than the others) had completely worn through. They looked like I’d run a marathon in just a pair of socks!

View attachment 195401

I complained. This morning I received three new pairs in the post!

View attachment 195402

Now, with time on my hands, I'm wondering what I can complain about next. Hmmm, those flowers I bought my wife 6 days ago that were guaranteed to keep for 7 days are looking a bit droopy.......:sneaky:
you could complain that your tv and unit have shrunk in the wash and appear alarmingly small . or you could complain that your feet are almost as wide as they are long.
you’ve instigated this whole thing to advertise your company and show us around your house. :rolleyes:

you could complain that your tv and unit have shrunk in the wash and appear alarmingly small . or you could complain that your feet are almost as wide as they are long.
you’ve instigated this whole thing to advertise your company and show us around your house. :rolleyes:
Eh?

the camera made your feet look weird (unless those are the actual proportions of your feet, in which case apologies) and your tv and unit look small and distant.
or is it just me again :(

the camera made your feet look weird (unless those are the actual proportions of your feet, in which case apologies) and your tv and unit look small and distant.
or is it just me again :(
Just the camera angle and I’ve hardly got a house worthy of 'showing around'. As for advertising my company, I have no idea what you are talking about - I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned my company name on this forum. (n)

Last edited:
Just the camera angle and I’ve hardly got a house worthy of 'showing around'. As for advertising my company, I have no idea what you are talking about - I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned my company name on this forum. (n)
does anyone on here have a sense of humour:sick:

Another result - I’m getting good at this! I bought a new toilet seat in February - had to buy an OE one as no other makes would fit the pan we had. Had no option other that to pay £103.99 for it. One of the rubber bump pads squashed flat so I wrote to them asking if they could send another bump pad. No reply for over a week. As I bought it through PayPal, I raised a complaint yesterday asking for a replacement pad, a replacement seat or a refund of £103.99. I got an email this morning telling me that a pack of pads were on their way. Perhaps if people complained more often when unsatisfactory goods or services are dished up, the standard of service and quality of goods would go up in this country!

So much time, so little to do......:D

Last edited:
This is great good for you, i am one to have a moan when i can. But also praise when i have received good service, always good to show appreciation of someone making an effort, which is less common nowadays.

What i am finding increasingly poor though is customer service on the whole, everything being 'self service' now, most companies bury any human contact and automate the sh't out of everything else. And if you manage to get in a queue system you get the message..

'We are currently experiencing a large volume of calls and may be on hold longer try our website' - this makes my wee wee boil the ****as as this is nothing but an attempt to cut call centre overheads and just lower the customer expectation.

I bought a shark vacuum cleaner, the motor started having problems, making noises.
Rang them up, they sent me a complete new motor assembly/body and some hepa filters.
Excellent customer services (US based).

Sponsored Links
Back