It pays to complain.

you probably even get people taking kit back to the pound shop whinging about it did not last long :)

Williams the plumber merchants are trade only , all the diyers who turn up are asked to go and do one ( politely)

Mr and Mrs duffer in there holding up the que looking for a washer to fit there pound shop bought tap

Sponsored Links
Oh it does.... And your very good at it.

Not only have you had a moan on Quiz® your telling me how to run the famous fastest growing thread of all time.

You've got your own way again. Just leave
Quiz® the thread for all the family to me.

I use a lot of those Red n Black spiral bound A4 books. I like them because the covers fold back flat on themselves, making it handy for sketching ands note-taking on site. I get through about 5 or 6 a year and they're not cheap. My usual stationer was closed due to the virus so I bought one on line but wasn't happy with it at all. Within a few weeks the pages were coming apart at the perforations. This is no good because the pages (and books) need to stay in basic date order. So I emailed the company and gave them a bit of an earful about lowering the manufacturing standard. I got a reply asking about perforations and non-perforations, and then I realised it was my idiot fault for buying a book with perforations. My previous ones were solid. I apologised and that was that. Until about a week later when 5 brand new (unperforated) books turned up in the post. Thanks again to my new friend, Natalie.

I took a blow up doll back to Anne Summers once. I blew it up and it had a cock! When I showed them, they said "You idiot, you’ve got it inside out!”.

I bought one of them for £20 but returned it. Bloke said whats the problem? I said it keeps going down on me. Bloke said stop complaining you got a bargain, that model sells for £35.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
You should have made a perfect match . ;)

We just staired at each other, she liked nothing I liked and the sex was a rubbish.
She said she felt deflated
In the end I had to blow her out.....

We are still friends

Complaining hat on again today. PG Tips! Half the contents are stick together and unless you are very careful with a pair of scissors, they rip when you try to separate them. Complaint made. Mrs Mottie said to me "Get a life"! I told her, "This is my life!" :LOL:

Grrr.

A swift response and a petty victory. :cool: Wait till I show Mrs Mottie my prowess! :p

Hello from PG tips,

Thank you, Steve, for taking the time to get in touch with us and provide your feedback on your box of PG tips and please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that has been caused.

Ensuring product quality is always a priority for us, and we have strict quality control processes in place during manufacturing to ensure all our products meet our customers’ expectations. I'm sorry to hear that in this case the product didn't appear to meet our usual high standards and your feedback has been shared with the PG tips team for their consideration who will take any necessary action.

From the description you gave us, it sounds like the problem was caused by a momentary fault with our sealing equipment.

In order to provide you with the best possible solution, it would be really helpful if you could let us know the following details:

- Best before date
- When did you purchase the product

I would like to send you some Unilever vouchers by way of apology for this. They can be used to get yourself another box of PG tips. Alternatively, they can be used on any of our other Unilever brands such as Lipon, Scottish Blend and Lyons.

If you are happy to accept this, please confirm your full name (including title) and full postal address. As soon as we have all of the above information, we will get the vouchers sent to you. The vouchers will arrive in 5-7 working days.

If you need further assistance or information, please contact us by letter or email. Or, if you’d rather chat to someone over the phone, then do please give us a call on 0800 454 611 between the hours of 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, and we will be happy to help.

I hope you have a lovely day!

Kind regards,

Carly
Consumer Engagement Centre Adviser

Reminds me, I used to wear expensive shoes when I worked in London, and on one new pair the soles wore down about 50% within a few days. Shocking, and at first the retailer did not believe me, assumed I must have been running ultramarathons in them. Bit like those socks at the beginning of this thread.

We do now complain about everything wrong in click and collect supermarket shopping - it is obvious they use click and collect, or home delivery, to get shot of all the stuff going off. We no longer get fruit and veg this way!

I don't complain as much as i should though.

Many years ago my aunt found a metal nut in a can of chicken soup. My uncle ( an engineer ) wrote to the company not as a complaint but as a constructive/helpful comment that they should check the canning line as somewhere there could be a bolt missing a nut.

They sent a box of 24 tins of chicken soup.

His thank you letter mentioned that a variety of soups would have been better as one could get tired of chicken soup.

They delivered a further 12 tins of various different soups.

That reminds me, I've run out of tomato soup, tins running low, not done a big tin shop in a while. Lockdown must be ending!

I got a voucher after a bottle of wine exploded when I tried to open it. The cork must have been a bit too small, or maybe the wine bottle was over-filled reducing suction, so when I pushed the cork screw into it, the cork pushed down and wine shot up all over the wall and ceiling of my freshly decorated new kitchen. Had a load in my face too... I moaned in Twitter, that usually gets results

Many years ago my aunt found a metal nut in a can of chicken soup. My uncle ( an engineer ) wrote to the company not as a complaint but as a constructive/helpful comment that they should check the canning line as somewhere there could be a bolt missing a nut.

They sent a box of 24 tins of chicken soup.

His thank you letter mentioned that a variety of soups would have been better as one could get tired of chicken soup.

They delivered a further 12 tins of various different soups.

And all he wanted was some nuts

A swift response and a petty victory. :cool: Wait till I show Mrs Mottie my prowess! :p

Hello from PG tips,

Thank you, Steve, for taking the time to get in touch with us and provide your feedback on your box of PG tips and please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that has been caused.

Ensuring product quality is always a priority for us, and we have strict quality control processes in place during manufacturing to ensure all our products meet our customers’ expectations. I'm sorry to hear that in this case the product didn't appear to meet our usual high standards and your feedback has been shared with the PG tips team for their consideration who will take any necessary action.

From the description you gave us, it sounds like the problem was caused by a momentary fault with our sealing equipment.

In order to provide you with the best possible solution, it would be really helpful if you could let us know the following details:

- Best before date
- When did you purchase the product

I would like to send you some Unilever vouchers by way of apology for this. They can be used to get yourself another box of PG tips. Alternatively, they can be used on any of our other Unilever brands such as Lipon, Scottish Blend and Lyons.

If you are happy to accept this, please confirm your full name (including title) and full postal address. As soon as we have all of the above information, we will get the vouchers sent to you. The vouchers will arrive in 5-7 working days.

If you need further assistance or information, please contact us by letter or email. Or, if you’d rather chat to someone over the phone, then do please give us a call on 0800 454 611 between the hours of 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, and we will be happy to help.

I hope you have a lovely day!

Kind regards,

Carly
Consumer Engagement Centre Adviser

I received six quids worth of vouchers today and a grovelling apology. Winner!

1F6AA990-5C89-4246-A8A7-8A55D8AB3AE7.gif

I received six quids worth of vouchers today and a grovelling apology. Winner!

Well done! Complaints are important to manufacturers, that's how they improve their game. It doesn't really cost them much, it just goes against their profits.

Sponsored Links
Back