It pays to complain.

This country has turned into a nation of moaners and whingers imo

Whinge complain and grizzle about pretty much any Thing?

And if they have nothing to whinge about they whinge about that

Whingers :) Blimey try working in social housing

Absolute nightmare thank f
I got out of it :)

I rarely complain as I've worked is soc housing and know what it like on the other end of the phone. The majority of calls I got from HA people we looking for compensation becuse we could not repair the boiler/gutter/etc the same day. I often told them in a polite way that we worked our butts off paying a mortgage got boiler under warranty and even we could not get it repaired same day and have waited a few weeks for parts and cost us hundred to get security lock repaired on the front door etc.

Main reason I won't complain is they have a business to run and employ people. On the odd occasion I have had to complain, if the person/s dealing with my concern are nice, polite, helpful and keep their word, I just accept the fact things can go wrong at times. Recently a few months ago I joined Amazon Prime. I honestly told them the item that cost under a tenner was quite a bit different to that in pic and before I could finish my sentence they offered to return my money and let me keep the item. (it was not worth their while for the return they told me and as we had no use for it, gave it to a charity shop)

Sponsored Links
Coincidentally, I’ve just received an email from EasyJet about the flights for this trip. According to them, they have not cancelled the flight but they are kindly allowing me to cancel and they will give a voucher for the full value plus a tenner bonus but I only have until 16th June to decide. One of the conditions is that anyone who accepts the voucher will not be eligible for a refund if the flight is cancelled. I think they’re trying it on and I’m betting they are going to cancel it. I’m going to call their bluff and wait it out. :cautious:

I assume it was NOT a package holiday?

Coincidentally, I’ve just received an email from EasyJet about the flights for this trip. According to them, they have not cancelled the flight but they are kindly allowing me to cancel and they will give a voucher for the full value plus a tenner bonus but I only have until 16th June to decide. One of the conditions is that anyone who accepts the voucher will not be eligible for a refund if the flight is cancelled. I think they’re trying it on and I’m betting they are going to cancel it. I’m going to call their bluff and wait it out. :cautious:

I assume it was NOT a package holiday?

Sponsored Links
Outrageous!
I hope you can cope with that.
This is the Samaritans number 116123.
I'm coping as best I can. Helen, in the customer care team, is supportive of my concern. :p

Dear Steven
Thank you for contacting us through our website feedback form. I'm also sorry to hear that you have experienced some problems with the slicing of your recent Warburtons Toastie Loaves.
We haven’t changed the thickness of this loaf however looking at the photo, I can see a variation in each slice thickness. The loaf passes through a frame containing the blades to slice the bread and problems of this nature are caused if the blades are not tensioned correctly. Although loaves are checked throughout the batch, due to the speed and amount, it's not possible to check each one and we're therefore grateful when any problems are brought to our attention.
I'll make sure this matter is reported to our Technical Team at our producing bakery to check and monitor the slicing frames. I'll also arrange for some vouchers to be posted to you as a gesture of goodwill. As we're still working remotely with limited office access, there may be a slight delay, but we'll get them to you as soon as possible.
May I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for letting us know about this issue. If you have any further problems, please don't hesitate to let us know the details.
Kind regards
Helen
Warburtons Customer Care Team

This country has turned into a nation of moaners and whingers imo

Whinge complain and grizzle about pretty much any Thing?

And if they have nothing to whinge about they whinge about that

Whingers :) Blimey try working in social housing

Absolute nightmare thank f
I got out of it :)

LOL, but a fact indeed.

I'm coping as best I can. Helen, in the customer care team, is supportive of my concern. :p

Dear Steven
Thank you for contacting us through our website feedback form. I'm also sorry to hear that you have experienced some problems with the slicing of your recent Warburtons Toastie Loaves.
We haven’t changed the thickness of this loaf however looking at the photo, I can see a variation in each slice thickness. The loaf passes through a frame containing the blades to slice the bread and problems of this nature are caused if the blades are not tensioned correctly. Although loaves are checked throughout the batch, due to the speed and amount, it's not possible to check each one and we're therefore grateful when any problems are brought to our attention.
I'll make sure this matter is reported to our Technical Team at our producing bakery to check and monitor the slicing frames. I'll also arrange for some vouchers to be posted to you as a gesture of goodwill. As we're still working remotely with limited office access, there may be a slight delay, but we'll get them to you as soon as possible.
May I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for letting us know about this issue. If you have any further problems, please don't hesitate to let us know the details.
Kind regards
Helen
Warburtons Customer Care Team

They have a technical team?!?!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So you got free bread, you jammy boy!

I rarely complain as I've worked is soc housing and know what it like on the other end of the phone. The majority of calls I got from HA people we looking for compensation becuse we could not repair the boiler/gutter/etc the same day. I often told them in a polite way that we worked our butts off paying a mortgage got boiler under warranty and even we could not get it repaired same day and have waited a few weeks for parts and cost us hundred to get security lock repaired on the front door etc.

Main reason I won't complain is they have a business to run and employ people. On the odd occasion I have had to complain, if the person/s dealing with my concern are nice, polite, helpful and keep their word, I just accept the fact things can go wrong at times. Recently a few months ago I joined Amazon Prime. I honestly told them the item that cost under a tenner was quite a bit different to that in pic and before I could finish my sentence they offered to return my money and let me keep the item. (it was not worth their while for the return they told me and as we had no use for it, gave it to a charity shop)

Jeez us social housing :eek:

been there and done it a total nightmare

get offers of social housing work

nah no thanks

Clearly complaining (especially on DIYnot) always pays off for Mottie. He must have a sympathetic mod looking out for him.
My comments deleted as usual, while his remain:
upload_2022-2-3_9-48-19.png

Anyone with half a brain could clearly see that Mottie started the trolling, as usual:
upload_2022-2-3_9-52-59.png

His trolling comments are allowed to remain, my response are, as usual deleted.

Off you go now, Mottie, to complain again.

Last edited:
Clearly complaining (especially on DIYnot) always pays off for Mottie. He must have a sympathetic mod looking out for him.
My comments deleted as usual, while his remain:
View attachment 259663

Anyone with half a brain could clearly see that Mottie started the trolling, as usual:
View attachment 259664
His trolling comments are allowed to remain, my response are, as usual deleted.

Off you go now, Mottie, to complain again.

I can absolutely assure you that I did not report any of those posts. If I report a post, I quote it and type 'reported'. Who were the deleted posts referring to?

Last edited:
I can absolutely assure you that I did not report any of those posts. If I report a post, I quote it and type 'reported'. Who were the deleted posts referring to?
I'm sure you are very much aware:
upload_2022-2-3_10-57-32.png

Are you suggesting that someone else is looking out for you on your behalf, other than a sympathetic mod?

I'm sure you are very much aware:
View attachment 259674
Are you suggesting that someone else is looking out for you on your behalf, other than a sympathetic mod?
I don't know what the **** you are going on about and I suspect you don't either. Now, stop taking this thread off-topic otherwise I will have to report it.

Jeez us social housing :eek:

been there and done it a total nightmare

get offers of social housing work

nah no thanks

It can be fun, lol but a lot of it is draining and leaves you thinking WTF, go and get a bloody job you workshy parasite as they appear to be on the phone 24/7. Indeed there are genuine and reasonable complaints but we all had a few that often took the p.

Sponsored Links
Back