Italian plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Despite the title this is a UK based problem. I have got a contract to refit two disabled toilets in a store. The shop was originally fitted out by an Italian company, who used 12mm PEX for all the water supplies. I have two problems I hope someone can help with,

1. the connectors are all compression fittings that differ from ours in that beneath the cap nut there is a serrated spigot over which the pipe is pushed, over which goes a grab ring, (a bit like a split olive with serrations internally) that is tightened onto the spigot by the cap nut, trapping the pipe. Thats the one I can take apart, the other type seems similar in that I can see a split grab ring, however it is trapped in someway inside the body of the fitting. Does anyone know how they come apart?

2. I am taking out most of this so basically I have 3 tails coming through the floor which I need to convert to 15mm. A 12 to 15 coupler is no problem however there is a need for a pipe insert. I've never come across these, never having a need before. Can you get them or is there a better way of solving this problem?

Thanks
Martin

Sponsored Links
Look up Wirsbo PEPex I think is the one for hot and cold
maybe OPex.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to both Gasguru and doitall, it looks like Wirsbo have tha answer, Antares website is a b****y mess but they do have some interesting items when you can find them.

Thanks guys
regards
martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back