It's all going wrong..........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We're currently doing an extension and the builder we got in came with good references, however........

He disappeared last tuesday, didn't come back until yesterday (monday). While he was gone we had torrential rain and we found 3 leaks in the roof, 2 of which are around the Velux. There are pockets of water in the felt now. I phoned him last Wed, he came over to look, said he was going to get the roof tile saw (? hello, FEMALE.... was he having me on??) but as I said didn't come back. Roof is still not fixed?! Apparently, he says, the roof wasn't pointed right (roof cement in between tiles)..... which he didn't do, but he did get the guy who did.

What I really want to know is, does this sound like we should be looking for a new builder?? Or give him the benefit of the doubt that this is a one off......... :cry:

Sponsored Links
velux rooflights, fitted correctly are fool proof and should not leak.

maybe he meant that he was going to get a skill saw to cut the tiles around the velux correctly?

sounds dodgy. sack him!

the pointing should only be a the last bastion of defence from weather. if a roof is built well, it will withstand quite a bashing from the elements even before final pointing. there should be no need for pointing around a velux roof light, as its a dry fix system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back