Joe-90 on Utube?

Sponsored Links
Sounds a bit santana ish..early Jeff Beck.

I like it as it happens..

Sponsored Links
Aint no sunshine.
Thoroughly enjoyable; perfect gentle touch and a nice vocal arrangement.

Deeper breathing would lend more feeling to the vocal, although I realise it isn't your top priority and also is largely unrehearsed.

Six ribbons.
About 1/3 of the way in you seemed to get into it more, which made it more pleasant.

IMHO, with polishing, you could earn money. Maybe not from me, but plenty of people would pay.

Now then - how about a tribute to Rick Wright?

Softus. Thanks for the comments, they are much appreciated. As you've noticed I don't start out on a piece very well and the reason for that is that (believe it or not) I have always been painfully shy all my life and suffer from stage fright. I freeze when I click the record button and always play below the standard I play when not recording. My ambition isn't very grand. All I want to do is to be able to play a few songs at the local pub open mike session without freezing and I'm making these videos to help me do that.

Softus. Thanks for the comments, they are much appreciated. As you've noticed I don't start out on a piece very well and the reason for that is that (believe it or not) I have always been painfully shy all my life and suffer from stage fright. I freeze when I click the record button and always play below the standard I play when not recording. My ambition isn't very grand. All I want to do is to be able to play a few songs at the local pub open mike session without freezing and I'm making these videos to help me do that.
Good luck joe with your ambition and i hope that the comments you are receiving here are going some way to helping you overcome your stage fright.
Just to add, would you feel more comfortable with others up on the stage like playing in a group rather than solo?

I think I'm winning Softus over. ;) He's actually building my confidence - so helping me improve (for which I am very grateful as is Tim and Jeffoss etc)

BTW, I was talking to the GF this morning and she asked me if I ever considered a tribute band - and if so who?

Well out of all the famous guitar players my natural style is closest to Dave Gilmour - so watch out for "Wish you were here" and "Comfortably numb" with the solo included. Who knows - if they come out ok I might use them to advertise to meet others with the aim of creating a Pink Floyd tribute band. Just for fun - not looking to make money. There are a heck of a lot of PF fans out there. Any idea on a name?

Sponsored Links
Back