John Le Carrie - passes away

Sponsored Links
A fine author and indeed a great man...

"Le Carré speaks of his grandchildren who are “all appalled by Brexit and the concept that freedom of movement is being taken from them"

"Mob orators of the sort we have, the Boris Johnson sort, do not speak reason. When you get into that category, your task is to fire up the people with nostalgia, with anger. It’s almost unbelievable that these people of the establishment – Farage, for instance – are speaking of betrayal: ‘I’m betrayed by parliament, betrayed by government – I’m speaking to you as a betrayed person, and I’m a man of the people like you."

“I think everything is controllable if the social contract is restored. You cannot preach a level playing field in this country as long as you have such exclusive institutions as private education, private medicine, private everything.”

“I think my own ties to England were hugely loosened over the last few years. And it’s a kind of liberation, if a sad kind.”

Amen to that!

Yeah, it was in the 'notable obituaries' thread last night you pair of oldnews hounds. :rolleyes: Still, let’s not miss a chance to shoehorn Brexit into the thread eh, Lally?

Sponsored Links
Back