@ johnny 2007

Sponsored Links
Here we go, this is how Google Fk's up peoples perception of fings.

It is not radar. It might be Lidar, but it will almost always be camera.

The sales brochure for your car of choice might call it radar, but it is most definitely NOT radar.

Sponsored Links
Not mine.

Not mine.

How long have you had this psychological defect that causes you to reject facts conflicting with your your erroneous belefs?
Make, model & year JohnD'ski. We can look up the parts used in your fantasy car from that info.

Clarkson iirc was test driving an S class many moons ago, and going on about how their tech eventually trickled down to cheaper cars.

He said it was microwave.

Clarkson iirc was test driving an S class many moons ago, and going on about how their tech eventually trickled down to cheaper cars.

He said it was microwave.

Apparently yes, it's all Microwave frequencies.

It's radar technology just a different frequency than the classic radar bands. It's more meaningful to just call it radar imo.

In other useless trivia, the only major manufacturer I know of using camera based ACC is Tesla, and they're going back to radar as well.

Example part

s-l500.jpg

@Dork Lard How long have you had this psychological defect that causes you to reject facts conflicting with your erroneous belefs?

I regularly drive a friends Golf - it’s a diesel automatic with ACC. In heavy, stop start traffic, I set the CC to 30mph and just take my feet off everything! No brake, no accelerator. It will follow the car in front, accelerating and braking, even coming to a full stop and starting off again without me touching any pedals. It’s like being towed by an invisible tow rope!

Sponsored Links
Back