joining the niceic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what do i need to join the niceic?
im a jib graded electrician but im quite sure i would need the 2391 for the testing side, but do i need the 2400 design and build to be able to design circuits to the nic standerds?

Sponsored Links
www.niceic.com

You need less than you may think which I am appalled at - I am NIC reg - full approval.

I have seen some guys local to me start up on there own, and in next to no time they domestic installers with the NIC. I know the guys, and wouldn't employ them as subbies as their work was crap.

The only qualification they require is 2381. They assess your testing abilities so 2391 isn't required - just a sound knowledge of testing and inspection.

I have joined NAPIT and their requirements include 2391. The trade test was tough and resulted in a UKAS Blue Flame certificate and supercedes 2391. Overall I am glad I went through it all as I now feel better equiped to do the job.

Sponsored Links
davy_owen_88 said:
The only qualification they require is 2381. They assess your testing abilities so 2391 isn't required - just a sound knowledge of testing and inspection.

Unless things have changed in the last 12 months they do not require any formal qualifications, just relevant experience or knowledge to the approximate equivalent level of 2381.

As far as I am aware anybody can apply and be assessed having paid the registration fee, although most that have no formal qualification attend the so called 5 day wonder course.

The bottom line or "safety net" is the onsite assessment where an NICEIC area engineer will assess 2 actual completed jobs and based on a series of questions, checks on equipment, procedures, insurance H&S etc will recommend acceptance or otherwise onto the scheme.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong, just my experience.

You lot see this:

Podooser said:
I have joined NAPIT and their requirements include 2391. The trade test was tough and resulted in a UKAS Blue Flame certificate and supercedes 2391. Overall I am glad I went through it all as I now feel better equiped to do the job.

I see this:

Poodoser said:

No offence intended! I think I've got a strange (and rude) form of dyslexia...

Am I missing your childish smut :?:

Can't see anything rude myself

<edit> Why is smut censored by the swear filter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back