Jointing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

is there any other way of jointing an armored cable below ground? can you use out door glands in to a plastic box then fill with resin?

Just a question.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Does not one of your team of electricians know how to joint an SWA cable? :confused:

Does not one of your team of electricians know how to joint an SWA cable? :confused:

Its a theoretical question only, just interested in ways to do things should the need ever come. I know all about resin joints etc just wanted to know of other ways.

There is NO cable to joint this is only a question.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The only proper way is to completely fill any joint enclosure with resin or other potting compound.

Any joint underground which contains air will end up full of water and fail.

Its a theoretical question only, just interested in ways to do things should the need ever come. I know all about resin joints etc just wanted to know of other ways.

Thanks
You still wiring your chicken shed then?

Gave in, team of electricians are coming on Wednesday to sort the whole job out. Thanks for all your answers though.

Thanks
You still wiring your chicken shed then?

Gave in, team of electricians are coming on Wednesday to sort the whole job out. Thanks for all your answers though.

Nope all done, in the end we have opted for a new supply from YEDL

Hi,

is there any other way of jointing an armored cable below ground? can you use out door glands in to a plastic box then fill with resin?

Just a question.

Thanks

I wouldn't as the gland and armour end may end up full of water and then rot. For the price of it get the right accessories to do the job properly. A proper resin joint :cool: covers the outer sheaths of all the SWAs entering it hence making it all nicely water tight. (when done properly it does anyway!!)

We adopted the LV network of a previously private site, everything in SWA and jointed questionably. The joint shells used include Quality Street tins, Jacobs biscuit boxes, etc. So I vote for a 'Jacobs joint'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back