Just in case you didn't know

Softus said:
Honesty is the best policy. ................

Um, are you saying you have a waste carriers licence to remove the pipe then?

Sponsored Links
You are not joe-90, just provide a straight answer. (Or perhaps I'm wrong)

Who says it's waste? If it's available for resale, maybe to Raden for 1p a board, it's still trade materials. Same with old boilers, old pipe etc.

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
You are not joe-90, just provide a straight answer. (Or perhaps I'm wrong)
Ooh, get me where it hurts. :cry:

OK - straight answer:

oilman said:
Um, are you saying you have a waste carriers licence to remove the pipe then?
No.

Softus said:
corgiman said:
removal without consent would constitute theft
Come on cm; removal would be construed as a mistake made through wanting to be helpful and in clearing up, seeing as TV portrays the image of bad boys as people who never clear up.

that is as maybe soft but the fact remains that ANYTHING that has been removed for someones property remains the property of that person.

Unlikley as it is for some one to be arrested for it (as the theft act 1968 states the "A person is guilty of theft if he DISHONESTLY appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it" and dishonesty would be very difficult to prove in such a case.

Also the theft act main defence is "implied consent" and it would be reasonable to suggest that the client would want you to remove the old PCB.

But it still could be theft.

:)

WOW soft this pedantry is catching LMAO

We always leave the PCB's Fans etc with the client, not because we do not have a licence (we do) but we think that the client has a right to see and keep the item that we have replaced.

How many times on these "rogue trader" yawnfest programs do you hear the cowbaoy say "I threw it away" when the present asks them to see the part they blantantly have not fitted?

corgiman said:
But it still could be theft.
I concur.

We always leave the PCB's Fans etc with the client, not because we do not have a licence (we do) but we think that the client has a right to see and keep the item that we have replaced.

How many times on these "rogue trader" yawnfest programs do you hear the cowbaoy say "I threw it away" when the present asks them to see the part they blantantly have not fitted?
I utterly agree - I always hand electrical components to the client, unless specifcally asked not to, so that nobody could ever think that I'd replaced a working item unnecessarily. Invariably they look alarmed and hand it straight back.

Actually Chris the faulty pcb is still trade waste and needs a waste Licence.

We heard on another forum that someone was fined £2000 because he had a removed boiler which he "was going to use for spares".

I dont understand the legalities just what happens in practice.

Like when you have a few whiskies and go outside and lean against your car on your driveway to look at the stars and are arrested because you still have your car keys in your pocket.

Tony

Agile said:
Actually Chris the faulty pcb is still trade waste and needs a waste Licence.

We heard on another forum that someone was fined £2000 because he had a removed boiler which he "was going to use for spares".

I dont understand the legalities just what happens in practice.

Like when you have a few whiskies and go outside and lean against your car on your driveway to look at the stars and are arrested because you still have your car keys in your pocket.

Tony

we sometimes use those "hippo" bags for big stuff

is that OK or do you still require the licence?

There are some worrying clauses about "brokering" the transfer of waste.

To be absolutely sure I would always get the householder to arrange the removal of the waste.

Tony

Agile said:
There are some worrying clauses about "brokering" the transfer of waste.

To be absolutely sure I would always get the householder to arrange the removal of the waste.

Tony

good advise. or pay for a skip :)

No, a skip or hippo bag would both worry me in terms of "brokering" the transfer of waste.

I would still get the householder to deal with all waste removal. The fines always seem to at the penalty level of £2000.

Its too much of a risk to take in my view.

However, I have never heard of anyone having any problems with a skip or hippo from a waste transfer point of view.

There is another problem with a skip that you need:-

A Licence if its on the public road.

To light it at night.

Insurance in case anyone hits it when the light has been pinched.

Its all just so complicated!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back