Just in case you didn't know

Sponsored Links
I know I am going to regret this but.........sigh.....nah..forget it..

Wouldn't dream of it. We just resolder them and charge for a new one. Silly safety circuits can just be bypassed.

Er, what should we do with blown pcbs then Raden?

Of course you cannot repair them with leaded solder either!

Sponsored Links
I thought technically none of us were allowed to just throw away any waste, as its industrial waste.

Or is this PCB thing a different one?

Its not because its "industrial waste" its because its "trade waste" obtained by you in the course of your trade.

You cannot even transport it unless you have a waste transfer licence!

Interesting thought, could you wrap it up and post it somewhere?

"""For the purposes of this context, trade waste includes all waste generated by the following kinds of organisations:

Any kind of business or profit-making organisation (including trading arms of charities)
Shops
Offices
Colleges
Homes for the elderly
Hospitals
All of these organisations have a Duty of Care by law to ensure that their waste is properly:

stored
collected
disposed or recycled
For more information regarding the Duty of Care, please contact the Environment Agency."""

So you see an old pullover which is not sold by the Oxfam shop becomes trade waste and can only be taken away by someone who holds the Licence!

Tony

Only threw one away yesterday, it's a fair cop, best just go and hand self in.

Rhetorically speaking, we could leave them with the custoemr to prove we have changed the part.

We could send them to Raden in the box with the next recon item for use in research and development.

We could make sculptures with them and have a gas fitters art exhibition.

We cold carry on droping them in the wheelie bin on the way down the drive and take no notice of nonsense unenforceable laws.

We could keep them categorised by manufacturer, and at the next manufacturers sales rep local presentation present them to him to take back to the company for safe recycling. That one would be fun.

We could recycle them ALL by sending them to Raden and asking him to repair them for our future use.

raden said:
It is now illegal for you (CORGIs) to throw away a PCB
Not a very helpful or informative post - did you mean that it has just become illegal, or that it was temporarily illegal during the period that you were writing your post?

And what about non RGIs - are we allowed to "throw away" a PCB?

And what about PCBs that aren't from boilers? And broken domestic products that contain PCBs (now that there seems to be one inside anything that has a battery)?

Bamber gaspipe said:
You have a crafty habit of doing this don`t you Tony...I sense a distinct lack of confidence...this is just an observation..
I`ll drop my hat in the ring with you bams, pray tell what do you sense about me , I`m intrigued and won`t be offended :LOL:PS. unleaded solder is now banned -fine - what about Military applications :?: Just a dud connection somewhere and........... :eek:

Bamber gaspipe said:
You have a crafty habit of doing this don`t you Tony. Regarding this post you ask what we should do with old p.c.b`s. You then obviously go away & research, find out there is some merit to the original post & then continue to spiel off all that supports the original posters comments as though you knew it all along...read back on this original post then tell me I`m wrong.. You are also reticent to `throw your hat into the ring` unless preceded by your peers...I sense a distinct lack of confidence...this is just an observation..

I dont really know Bams why you and many plumbers like to be agressive and argumentative.

I do have to say that I think that you are totally wrong!

Firstly you will see that I was not asking YOU ! I was rather tongue in cheek asking Raden. I knew the answer and Paul also guessed that too.

If you research back a few years you will see that I was originally giving advice on Gas News and Screwfix about the Waste Regulations when they were starting to be implemented. I did not have to do any research because the info was conveniently posted to me ( twice ).

As far as having a "distinct lack of confidence" is concerned, obviously you form your own conclusions, however I would not have expected that would be most peoples thoughts.

The fact that I post under my own name should dispel that view. The 80% who hide their name might do that because of a lack of confidence.

Tony

On the news a few weeks ago it showed a significant quantity of the worlds waste Pcb's end up in China.

The boards are heated over polluting burners for children to remove the solder and components - posing a significant health risk and further polluting the atmosphere.

What is worst for the environment - Pcb in a local landfill site or sending them half way round the world to be "re-cycled" :?:

Much of re-cycling is a con.

""I dont really know Bams why you and many plumbers like to be agressive and argumentative.""
Might it be that agressive and argumentative like to be plumbers and heating engineers?

""I do have to say that I think that you are totally wrong!""
Totally wrong? Not just wrong? Methinks you doth protest too much. ;)

""Firstly you will see that I was not asking YOU ! I was rather tongue in cheek asking Raden. I knew the answer""
That's a handy claim to have in the back pocket. Why the edit though?

""...and Paul also guessed that too.""
There's no sign in PB's post that he guessed it, so your claim is only a guess.

""I did not have to do any research because the info was conveniently posted to me ( twice ).""
Hmm.

""As far as having a "distinct lack of confidence" is concerned, obviously you form your own conclusions, however I would not have expected that would be most peoples thoughts.""
You'd be surprised...

""The fact that I post under my own name should dispel that view.""
It doesn't though.

""The 80% who hide their name might do that because of a lack of confidence.""
Your claim that 7130 registered users use their real names is not actually a very credible claim. The simple and obvious fact is that you use your real name because you want to, and you want to coerce others to do the same for your own selfish purposes. :rolleyes:

Edit - I realise that I missed out some quotation marks - here are some to liberally sprinkle around until my post becomes readable to you:
""" """ """" """" """"" """""

Agile said:
I dont really know Bams why you and many plumbers like to be agressive and argumentative.

I do have to say that I think that you are totally wrong!

Firstly you will see that I was not asking YOU ! I was rather tongue in cheek asking Raden. I knew the answer and Paul also guessed that too.

If you research back a few years you will see that I was originally giving advice on Gas News and Screwfix about the Waste Regulations when they were starting to be implemented. I did not have to do any research because the info was conveniently posted to me ( twice ).

As far as having a "distinct lack of confidence" is concerned, obviously you form your own conclusions, however I would not have expected that would be most peoples thoughts.

The fact that I post under my own name should dispel that view. The 80% who hide their name might do that because of a lack of confidence.

Tony

Fair enough, I only said it to see if you would bite... :D What else are you supposed to do when the Forum gets a bit quiet...I take it all back....You are Luvverly :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back