just some photo's for ya's

Sponsored Links
It is fairly tidy though.

IMGP1270-1.jpg

Sponsored Links
You've correctly identified the flashpad with asbestos content, but you shouldn't really be removing that fuse if you can avoid it (and if you do need to remove it, then suitable risk assessments etc should be carried out)

That one looks in good condition, and there are likely to be less fibres comming from it than one where the fuse has blown a few times and blasted it to pieces (which typically also results in the insides of the board being covered in fibres from where the fuse has been withdrawn in the past)

Also looks like the trunking is the CPC at least to the switchfuse enclsoures themselves, and the rust forming around where the couplers are bolted on is not a good sign. I'd recommend a few loop tests and low ohms tests to see what its looking like (as no one uses conduit ohmmeters anymore)

Nah - I'd never be so sloppy as to leave a bit of unused trunking leaning against the corner of the wall.

Twelve risers to twelve flats via MEM sw/fuses.

Wylex CU for basement, hall & stair lighting, door bell/intercom feeds etc.
Extra one way Wylexes for perhaps an odd feed for the landlord's garage and outside lights etc.

Seen lots of cellars in big old houses with mains like that.

Not as many as there where in the 70s.

I'm talking about bans picture.

Ok. But I see about 8 CU's.

I guess as there are E7 timers/meters the white CU's are for night storage heaters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back