Just watching Jay Blades Home Fix

I was about to point out that sobbing is an essential part of TV shows now, accompanied by swelling music, but you've said it Crystal Ball.

Modern television is crap.

Sponsored Links
Bring back Steptoe & Son

Harry H Corbetts biography is a good read. When approached for Steptoe he was playing lead in a Shakespear play, when he appeared in several plays on TV, word was spreading about his talent and other actors would go out of their way to see him Perform. He was described at the time as potentially being England's own Marlon Brandon.

He was a legend as Steptoe, I get the impression he wanted a return to serious acting but...… and of course he died tragically young.

He added the H to his name to avoid being confused with Sooty's friend, Harry Corbett.

Harry H Corbetts biography is a good read. When approached for Steptoe he was playing lead in a Shakespear play, when he appeared in several plays on TV, word was spreading about his talent and other actors would go out of their way to see him Perform. He was described at the time as potentially being England's own Marlon Brandon.

He was a legend as Steptoe, I get the impression he wanted a return to serious acting but...… and of course he died tragically young.

He added the H to his name to avoid being confused with Sooty's friend, Harry Corbett.
Wilfred Brambell couldn’t be more different off screen , always suited and booted covered in gold jewellery, screaming queen .

Sponsored Links
Back