Lack of Intelligence of Government Advisors

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm gobsmacked at the lack of intelligence displayed by government advisors.
Just watching the news, and a government advisor, in his comment about crowded beaches last summer, he claimed that there was no evidence to suggest that crowded beaches caused a surge in Covid infections.
I nearly threw something at him!
How does he think people got to the beach? Where does he think they went for lunch? To the toilet, etc? To get their souvenirs to take home? How did they get home again?

It's no surprise the government makes daft decisions with advisors like that!

Sponsored Links
Surely it is easy to find out if it did cause a surge in Covid infections.

If it did not then he is obviously correct.

If he is correct, he will probably be chastised for saying so.

I believe one incident in question was June 25
https://www.google.com/search?q=bou...i57j0i22i30.4439j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

upload_2021-2-17_19-10-57.png

Sponsored Links
outside spaces in warm conditions -not really super spreader events

although Id guess the toilets were the main problem

As others have said crowded beaches didn't cause a surge.

Everyone going back to work and school was what done it.

But we aren't allowed to blame that, so it must have been the crowded beaches.

We were down Cornwall on the beaches and in the museums and had pub lunchs and all good with very low virus numbers. The summer is not the virus season for the documentented reasons. Maybe this year will be different as the virus is spreading faster and easier and all eyes are on New Zealand as they start the winter months soon.
As for our summer something has to give. Can't lockdown forever and it's not going away so we need to figure out how to live and try and keep healthy. I figure this summer will be similar to the last one and the talk of a third lockdown will start after Halloween again. Hope I'm wrong

A scientist on the BBC news tonight...17/02/2021.

Said NO Covid 19 surges or outbreaks had been caused anywhere in the world, through the use of beaches.

Sponsored Links
Back