Lack of Intelligence of Government Advisors

I think you are saying that there were many COVID "insecure" steps needed for people to have a day at the beach. Whether it taking a train, driving a car, queuing for fish n chips, getting a pint or having a punch up on the beach. However, there doesn't appear to be a corresponding up-tick in either infection or death. Perhaps, by chance, there are other factors in virus transmission. It is interesting because the WHO say there is no evidence sunlight "kills" the virus, while other scientist say it does.

You seem to be irate at the above, but have no evidence to the contrary. Is it just the colour of his rosette you don't like?
It's the sheer inadequacy of him being unable to consider all the accompanying processes required in order discuss the issue.
No-one in their right mind isolates one issue to make a point. It's sensible to discuss the issue in totality.
I'm completely unaware of his political leanings, his profession, his educational achievements, only his position as a government advisor.

Sponsored Links
Apparently you are not clever enough to understand that the scientist involved, would not need to breakdown every individual journey.
Totally unnecessary.
But he said, and I'm paraphrasing, "there is no evidence to suggest that crowded beaches caused a surge in infections".

All one needs to do (as I'm sure this scientist did ) is look at cases further down the line, and come up with the conclusion that no surge or spike occurred.
All he needed to do was to refer to the rush to enjoy the sunshine, or the rush to the sea, or the crowds enjoying the opportunity of short days out, or just about any other form of words that did not isolate the crowded beach as a factor.

Were you on the pop last night, when you threatened to become violent.......:whistle::whistle:
You obviously missed the bit that I said he was on the news. :rolleyes:
I'd have to have superhuman powers to be violent towards a man that was hundreds of miles away. :rolleyes:
I would need some kind of alien teleporting system to project anything I threw at the television to land anywhere near the government advisor. :rolleyes:
I'm not likely to throw things at the TV, it'll probably break it. :rolleyes:
Your apparently unaware of the meaning of metaphorical comments. :rolleyes:

Do you ever think you might be exhibiting ridiculous tendencies?

It's the sheer inadequacy of him being unable to consider all the accompanying processes required in order discuss the issue.

He does not need to, all he needs to do is look for the surge/spike which never occurred.

Your lack of comprehension, is now becoming deliberate, it's making you appear silly.

"there is no evidence to suggest that crowded beaches caused a surge in infections"
seems to be correct.

Sponsored Links
"there is no evidence to suggest that crowded beaches caused a surge in infections"
seems to be correct.
But to report that in isolation is tantamount to distortion, unless he addressed the whole processes required in order for the whole family to arrive at the beach, remain there all day, and get home again.

If I report that electric cars are purely green energy, it's a distortion of the true and holistic issue.

Last edited:
He does not need to, all he needs to do is look for the surge/spike which never occurred.
Then he should have been abundantly clear and explain that he had considered all the evidence associated with all the required processes for days out on crowded beaches to occur.
He did not, he merely said that there is no evidence to suggest that crowded beaches caused a surge in infections.

Your lack of comprehension, is now becoming deliberate, it's making you appear silly.
My comprehension is not in doubt. The government advisor said that crowded beaches did not cause a surge in infections. Well that would be pretty obvious, in isolation, but considering all the other required processes to accompany a crowded beach it's illogical to assume that those did not cause infections.

Only your argumentative disposition is fuelling the ongoing debate. That is what is silly.

Wow.

I actually thought Bobby would come back and say "Woops, I made a mistake on this one" but no he attempts to compare the fact that there was no increase, let alone a surge, in infections to hydrogen fuel not being as green as was thought.

Is that one of his hated strawman arguments?

To make clear, there was NO increase in infections after the beach visits therefore neither was there an increase after the journeys to get to the beach.

I see the raging xenophobe is resorting to his usual bigoted comments.
But what else should one expect form a child of devoted Nazi, bigoted lineage.
Children learn bigotry from their parents. Many go on to realise the mistakes of their parents, but sadly some are doomed to repeat that bigotry, and even promote it at every opportunity..

oh :LOL:

To make clear, there was NO increase in infections after the beach visits therefore neither was there an increase after the journeys to get to the beach.
I'm not commenting on what transmissions resulted from anything. I'm merely commenting on a government advisor's inability to consider the whole processes required for one activity to occur, and that it did not occur in isolation.
If the government advisor is incapable of forming a report that indicates what he really meant, then that too would indicate his unsuitability to be a government advisor.

Can I suggest that you go back to my OP, and not be led into strawman arguments by the postings of others.
These kind of strawman arguments:
Can you show the increase in infection and possible uptick in deaths within 28 days?

Last edited:
I think macron has now been advised about the french company re locating to Scotland

I'm merely commenting on a government advisor's inability to consider the whole processes required for one activity to occur.

Therein lies the problem, anyone with a modicum of common sense, would realise all those processes were judged as one process, to determine the outcome.

Backed up by there being no surge.

Therein lies the problem, anyone with a modicum of common sense, would realise all those processes were judged as one process, to determine the outcome.
You mean the government advisor was incapable of forming a report to convey what he really meant?

Backed up by there being no surge.
That was never the issue. Just you and motorbiking introducing a strawman argument.

Sponsored Links
Back