So Mrs Shadow Home Secretary, what do we do with illegal immigrants?

Labour supporter or not, it has to be agreed that Abbott is terrible.

It's a wonder you all haven't been accused of the dreaded racism.

Sponsored Links
Piers Morgan: ‘…I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask the shadow home secretary, in light of this massive scandal, what Labour’s policy on illegal immigrants is. Do you think that they should be removed from the country, or should they be allowed to stay here?’

Diane Abbott: ‘We are…yes, but..what I can say to you is we are working on our immigration policy, obviously post-Brexit everyone has got to consider the immigration policy.’

Morgan: ‘I’m just going to ask one more time: should illegal immigrants be allowed to stay in the country, or should they be removed?’

Abbott: ‘All I can say to you, Piers, is anybody watching the programme this morning, will be surprised that you don’t want to talk about the immediate plight of the Windrush generation.’

Morgan: ‘I’m just trying to work out what Labour’s view of illegal immigrants is. I don’t know why you are finding it hard to answer that question.’

Oh dear…

Watch it here, she has not got a scooby

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/04/watch-diane-abbott-dodges-illegal-immigrant-questions/

LOL what a F'in joke.

She's awful. can you imagine she got near number 10

silly vinty

I support the right of EU citizens to move around the EU for work. I also support the right of EU citizens to buy and sell within the EU without customs or other barriers. Do you? Are you looking forward to the new Customs and Immigration posts on the NI border?

If you are claiming that the Minimum Wage is too low, that's a different point.
There is more to the EU than just buying and selling goods,the ultimate aim of the EU is to abolish nation states is it not.

Sponsored Links
A politicain's interview, singular. Don't try and alter the facts to suit your weak position.

yo

Today speaking in Parliament.

Abbott says Labour does not support illegal immigration.

She says Labour would prevent illegal immigrants coming into the country. But the government is not doing this because it has cut the number of border guards, she says.

So why didnt she say this in the interview?

She says Labour would prevent illegal immigrants coming into the country. But the government is not doing this because it has cut the number of border guards, she says.

I would imagine the biggest number relates to overstayers not illegal entry.

I see the biggest issue is finding a just, fair way to differentiate overstayers from those here legally but with out the correct paperwork.

If visitors arrive here legally with a visa, like students for example, if they stay permanently does the HMRC system not identify them? I presume a student on a visa would be able to get a NI number, would that not flag them up as an overstayer? It seems unlikely there are 1 million or whatever overstayers all working invisibly cash in hand.

I heard a politician saying that visas arent a good method of keeping visitors visible, a work permit system would be better.

I would imagine the biggest number relates to overstayers not illegal entry.

I see the biggest issue is finding a just, fair way to differentiate overstayers from those here legally but with out the correct paperwork.

If visitors arrive here legally with a visa, like students for example, if they stay permanently does the HMRC system not identify them? I presume a student on a visa would be able to get a NI number, would that not flag them up as an overstayer? It seems unlikely there are 1 million or whatever overstayers all working invisibly cash in hand.

I heard a politician saying that visas arent a good method of keeping visitors visible, a work permit system would be better.

Its not the job of HMRC to check the persons visa status - the HO is a shambles. Someone who comes in legally and then overstays on purpose - what happens - well if the person is working and doesnt change job how often does the employer check the status of the employee? However if they change jobs then their new employer will check their status. Unless they are self employed or contract out via their own company.

The HO asking banks to search through a list provided by the HO is an idiotic way to go about this to catch over stayers.

Abbott has been complaining this week about the sheer amount of abuse and negative comments she gets on social media. She believes it's for two main reasons - because she is a woman and black.

She won't accept that is neither of those, and it's just for a single reason, that she is an idiot.

Abbott has been complaining this week about the sheer amount of abuse and negative comments she gets on social media. She believes it's for two main reasons - because she is a woman and black.

She won't accept that is neither of those, and it's just for a single reason, that she is an idiot.

I agree Abbot is not a great MP but you once again are wrong. It must be scary to be wrong so often.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ore-abused-than-any-other-mps-during-election

Amnesty researchers found Abbott received 45% of all abusive tweets sent to female MPs in the six weeks before election day.

Black and Asian female MPs received 35% more abusive tweets than their white colleagues, even when Abbott was excluded from the total, the research found.

Sponsored Links
Back