Keeping it square

Sponsored Links
I'd be very surprised if copper pipe is sufficiently strong to make a bar stool

Threading steel rod into the copper would increase the load bearing capacity ( but could make soldering difficult if the steel absorbed too much heat )

Sponsored Links
Drilling through the copper pipe will weaken it though.
Yes but only drilling through the cross pieces at the top and the weight of the seat will be taken in 4 corners by the legs.

I thought saddle clips looged a bit too flimsy.
Munsen rings don't tighten right up on the threaded part (as far as I know) and school board clips don't often fully grip the pipe.

If the bolts don't work, I'll replace the cross pieces and use one of the above though

Use thread sealant on the threads of the munson rings to glue them in the position you want.

You could use this, instead of soldering the fittings...

My mate installed a boiler using it and said it worked fine! (y)

Open the images in any browser.
right click on the image and select "copy image".
Come to the thread and in your post, simply right click and select paste (or use CTRL+V)

To get portions of the images you want to use, on W10 use Winkey+Shift+S then select the area, this can then be pasted.

Open the images in any browser.
right click on the image and select "copy image".
Come to the thread and in your post, simply right click and select paste (or use CTRL+V)

To get portions of the images you want to use, on W10 use Winkey+Shift+S then select the area, this can then be pasted.

Unless, of course, you're using a phone, tablet or mac!

Not a problem all input is welcome.
I was going for something like these which deffo are 22mm soldered copper at £155 a go..

The supports look better though

View attachment 190500
I think they look shyt....See enough copper at work without making stools out of the stuff..Each to their own..

haha, I'm not a plumber as you can tell so not an issue for me.
Copper pipe stuff is right popular just now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back