Kerosene flexible delivery pipes - smell?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently became aware that rigid plastic pipes do not allow odours to pass through them, flexible ones do. I had to replace all the black water pipes on my boat due to the smell permeating through them. I am now wondering if this could be the case with my oil central heating boiler as there is a smell of kerosine in the kitchen.. There are 2 short flexible pipes between the copper delivery tube and the burner.

Advice appreciated

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
Flexible oil pipes are meant to be replaced at regular intervals - however there are other reasons and places for kero to leak and smell.
Is the smell constant, or maybe just in the morning before the burner starts up?
Some pics of your installation could help!
John :)

How old are the flexi's?
What burner do you have?
As your burner is set up for 2 pipe, do you have a Tiger Loop? If so can you see any bubbles when the burner is running?
The flexible pipes on your boat would be a completely different product to your oil pipes, but if you have a kerosene smell, then there must be a leak somewhere. Try running your fingers around all the joints, along the hoses and under the fuel pump. Dry fingers are the best leak detectors ever.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back