Keston Duet (Celsius25 + SPA 125L cylinder, opinions please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting a new central heating system installed from scratch any my heating engineer has recommended the Keston Duet (condensing boiler and unvented cylinder:

Details here:

http://www.keston.co.uk/products/duet.htm

Do any of you guys have any experiance of these - and are they worth the money (retail £2200 + ) . Im guessing the extra money I would be paying for the pre built system should be saved on installation - right?

All comments welcome.

Sponsored Links
I did one of these about 8 months ago. Took two days in total, although I did have to connect additional pipework external to the duet.

You do need to have good access and a lot of muscle to move them around. For a turnkey system I can't really fault them other than their use of Danfoss 2-porters.

Thanks for the reply - I think Keston have changed the controls now - I spoke to them yesterday and was advised the control was an ACL 7 day 2 channel.

Hi, i am considering a similar set-up for replacing my current very old system, though I was thinking of a mega-flow unvented cyclinder. Is there any reason why you decided to go for a Keston rather that megaflow? Is your installation going to be as shown in your link picture or can they be installed side by side (as mine would have to be). Also I presume you have to still inform Building Control of your intentions to fit an unvented system? Has that process been fairly smooth?

Is the £2200 excl. fitting??

Dustyy

Sponsored Links
I can answer some of your questions.

£2200 excludes fitting
The "duet" comes prebuilt - boiler on top of cylinder. You can buy the boiler and cylinder as separate units and have it installed side by side if you preferred. The cost of buying the equipment would be less but you may incur most installation costs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back