Key/tool to remove light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I am painting a room and the brass light switch has a threaded "washer" with two small holes in it that holds the plate tight to the wall.

Can anyone provide me with a link to one?

Tnx

Sponsored Links
Until someone who knows for sure comes along -

Do you mean like the 'nut' which fixes the discs to angle grinders, but smaller?

Right angled circlip pliers?

Can we have a picture?

I assume it's the 'plastic spanner' shown in this installation manual you are after? If so I'm sure F&L will send you one if you phone them. Don't use a metal tool as you can easily mark the finish.

Sponsored Links
If there like the ones on dimmers you can sometimes turn them by hand

Had to take some of these off for the job I’m on at the minute - luckily they were being binned so I just went at them with standard pliers. If you’re worried about marring the faceplate, you could cover it with masking tape. I removed them with no damage so with masking tape you should be fine

Had to take some of these off for the job I’m on at the minute - luckily they were being binned so I just went at them with standard pliers. If you’re worried about marring the faceplate, you could cover it with masking tape. I removed them with no damage so with masking tape you should be fine

I emailed the company ( http://www.forbesandlomax.com ) and they kindly sent me a jiffy bag full of the plastic "keys"- first class and no cost.

My client wants to replace a couple of standard switches in some other rooms, they were so happy with the aftersales service that they will be buying some more of the "INVISIBLE" light switches (I have no idea why they are called invisible though).

I emailed the company ( http://www.forbesandlomax.com ) and they kindly sent me a jiffy bag full of the plastic "keys"- first class and no cost.

My client wants to replace a couple of standard switches in some other rooms, they were so happy with the aftersales service that they will be buying some more of the "INVISIBLE" light switches (I have no idea why they are called invisible though).
Because you can wallpaper over all but the toggle switch and then fit a clear faceplate over the top - see the splash image on their website.

When did "invisible" come to be synonymous with "just as much as normal visible but some of it transparent and perfectly visible under almost all lighting conditions"?

Do the Oxford Dictionary lexicographers know about this?

The ASA?

I've got a better solution for getting invisible accessories. And at the same time invisible electric lighting. Don't use electricity in your house, then you can have a perfectly authentic recreation of the times when there was no electricity to use in your house.

Perfick.

Because you can wallpaper over all but the toggle switch and then fit a clear faceplate over the top - see the splash image on their website.

I did notice that after I posted, thanks though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back