Kingfisher 2 Pipe Connections Verification.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
KF2 RS100 Just had a look at the pipe connections to the boiler in preparation for tomorrow’s trv, lockshield and filter work and wanted to be sure of the pipe connections going to the boiler.

So:
one is for the flow 28mm driven by the pump
one is for the return 28mm
one is for what I presume is going to the cylinder 22mm
one is for what I presume is going to the header tank 15mm

Based on cost. I’m going to go for the TF1 @£102. The Magnaclean is coming up £145-150.

If you take a look at the pipe work the middle pipe is the return. Am I going to have to adjust the pipe work so that the filter fits as it's a bit snug? So unless the filter connections feed out forward it looks like i've got no choice but to extend and then connect the device.

The pump gate valves will also be updated as they look manky!

Cheers.
Sparky

Sponsored Links
You list 4 pipes and only show 3.

You also say the one with the pump is the flow, then contradict that by saying the middle pipe.

Why are you paying that much for a magnaclean.

Is it a gravity primary system or fully pumped.

Sorry I meant the return, updated the post. See the other 2 pipes on the right hand side. 5 in total but forget the gas one so 4 water pipes in total.

One is a gas connection. The other was the 15mm to the tank I presume.

The 28mm versions are more expensive than the 22mm versions. I called at least 10 plumber merchants and they all were in the same range.

Can you post a pic showing the cylinder connections on the side.

Incidentally the pump valves are the best, a good clean and service is all they need.

Sponsored Links
one is for the flow 28mm driven by the pump
one is for the return 28mm
one is for what I presume is going to the cylinder 22mm
one is for what I presume is going to the header tank 15mm
Do you have any motorized valves (See pics)? If so which type? How many? Which pipes are the in?

View media item 5946View media item 11762
Check which way the arrow on the side of the pump is pointing. If away from the boiler, that pipe is the flow; if towards boiler, it's the return.

28mm pipes are usually used for gravity flow and return to the cylinder. 2mm pipes are more often used for pumped heating.

These diagrams show the "standard" connections for your boiler. (Click to enlarge.)

Was kinder hoping you would show a full size cylinder with the primary pipes connected toit :LOL:

I think you find that the 15mm is the feed from the header tank, and that one of the 22mm pipes is the vent.

Could be wrong as you haven't shown the contro9l set up yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back