Kings coronation bank holiday.

Hmm. You seem to champion decode. Strange, as it seems to be everything you stand against.

Do you reckon that’s why they wouldn’t take you on when you said you were moving there - they didn’t want you and yours in the gene pool? ;)
I wasn't moving there as well you know...

A lot of what they do is objectionable, but regarding the gene pool it's a great shame that your father didn't use a condom!

Sponsored Links
Your genetic ancestry is not the same as your genealogical ancestry.
785 AD, how did you get such a precise date.
Íslendingabók

It also traces ancestry back to Norway (for obvious reasons) and that is the ancestral country at that point.
So even if later generations moved away from Iceland (as in the other half of my family), the trace is still there and available online. Look it up, it's quite fascinating reading, although you won't actually be able to view family trees without a login!

Genetics throughout Scandinavia show their combined history and make up of their populations (an awful lot of Irish stock btw), and thus that is why Decode became a world leader in genetics. Because it focused on gaining a big enough percentage of the population of small nations on their database...

The controversial genetic bit is that they took information from anyone who found themselves in hospital without consent.

But they did enhance the ability to trace ancestors as regards origin.

Although it sometimes reveals a few awkward relationships ;)

Last edited:
You haven't for all the many times you have been asked told us of when there will be a brexit bonus...
When you keep your promise to leave UK for good.
Depends who does it...

Decode in Iceland has been very successful, but most Scandinavian countries had a back up...

They wrote things down whilst the brits and other europeans were basically illiterate...

We've traced the Scandinavian side of the family back to approx 785 AD, and all you need is a verified online password!
That little island is inhabited by savages who don't know their arse from their elbows.
Let alone knowing what incest was happening in 785 AD to generate your kind.
Your genetic ancestry is not the same as your genealogical ancestry.
785 AD, how did you get such a precise date.
Just made up bullshyt as usual.
A date out of the hat.

Sponsored Links
the whole concept in this day and age is outdated.

We need to have someone "in charge" and currently there is nobody.

Modern universal suffrage democracy has destroyed this great country. The whole thing is a sham and should be wiped out; every MP and politician in this country can go to hell as far as I am concerned - my voting card for tomorrow is in the shredder.

I believe in Monarchy and would prefer an all-ruling King to what we have now. I am not thinking about the present royals - they are useless, but the institution of the Monarchy needs to stay. There have been bad Kings in the past, but the Monarchy survived to give us the good Kings. Those good Kings sometimes came from rival factions, sometimes from overseas. To modern ears I am talking in an archaic way; but empires, eras and civilisations come and go. If the Monarchy in "this day and age" is outdated, whatever that means, then sod this day and age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our country's glorious history has been erased for many and is a strange and foreign thing to younger generations. The Marxists have been successful in silencing the voices of continuity and tradition. Watch David Starkey to the end if you want to know about the British onarchy.

What will all the Republicans on here be doing on that day? Taking a paid holiday? Working as normal? Taking a forced holiday and donating that days pay to a worthy cause?

I'm only gutted as its not one of my work days so I’ll not be getting paid for doing nothing but on the other hand, I may get a paid holiday today as the teachers are on strike, the session has been paid for and as the song goes…no income tax, no VAT, no money back, no guarantee…….. ;)

Anyway, the Coronation. I'll be watching it - it'll be a once in a lifetime event for most people.
I'll be working.

Our country's glorious history has been erased for many and is a strange and foreign thing to younger generations. The Marxists have been successful in silencing the voices of continuity and tradition. Watch David Starkey to the end if you want to know about the British onarchy.

I couldn't listen to him complete a sentence, let alone a full blown drone on the monarchy.
Lucy Worsley is much more interesting. The History Pixie put him in his place.

We need to have someone "in charge" and currently there is nobody.

Modern universal suffrage democracy has destroyed this great country. The whole thing is a sham and should be wiped out; every MP and politician in this country can go to hell as far as I am concerned - my voting card for tomorrow is in the shredder.

I believe in Monarchy and would prefer an all-ruling King to what we have now. I am not thinking about the present royals - they are useless, but the institution of the Monarchy needs to stay. There have been bad Kings in the past, but the Monarchy survived to give us the good Kings. Those good Kings sometimes came from rival factions, sometimes from overseas. To modern ears I am talking in an archaic way; but empires, eras and civilisations come and go. If the Monarchy in "this day and age" is outdated, whatever that means, then sod this day and age.
You need to blame the current mob of politicians, not democracy itself.

There is no logical argument for the royals to continue as they are. Just stupid waffly excuses about tradition, stability and tourism, none of which stand up to analysis.

I mostly like Nigel Farage, his main reasons for leaving the EU were that it was expensive and undemocratic. Yet he supports the royal family, which costs a fortune, nobody can vote for or against and our elected politicians must swear allegience to. On this point he makes no logical sense, as most of the criticisms of the EU also apply to them. He is probably just attempting to appeal to old people.

We need to go forwards to a more businesslike version of democracy, not backwards into serfdom as we are currently heading.

There is no logical argument for the royals to continue as they are. Just stupid waffly excuses about tradition, stability and tourism, none of which stand up to analysis.

I mostly like Nigel Farage, his main reasons for leaving the EU were that it was expensive and undemocratic. Yet he supports the royal family, which costs a fortune, nobody can vote for or against and our elected politicians must swear allegience to. On this point he makes no logical sense, as most of the criticisms of the EU also apply to them. He is probably just attempting to appeal to old people.

We need to go forwards to a more businesslike version of democracy, not backwards into serfdom as we are currently heading.
Summed him up in a nutshell.

Saying what some people want to hear. No logic, just words

Some common sense and a practical approach. A breath of fresh air in this forum.

That little island is inhabited by savages who don't know their arse from their elbows.
Let alone knowing what incest was happening in 785 AD to generate your kind.

Just made up bullshyt as usual.
A date out of the hat.
What a nasty little ignorant person you are...

Try looking up the word 'Íslendingabók' and see how far back the records go...

And then do a bit of research as to why my scandinavian partner can read ancient english far better than you or me...

It's because most of our ancient history was recorded by the people of that so called 'savage island' since it's a fact that virtually no-one in the british isles was literate back then...

So which island was 'savage'?

But you are indeed evidence that times haven't changed that much here over the centuries!

Sponsored Links
Back