Kitchen cabinet hinge screw loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I had a new kitchen fitted last year, in the meantime the company has gone bust. Recently one of the hinges has come loose, the screws fixing it to the side of the cabinet have come loose and the holes are now too big. I cant put nuts and bolts through as the other side of the cabinet is in accessible so I am wondering if there is a reliable way of repairing the screw holes?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
You need a 'hinge repair plate' available on eBay in silver or white.

Stop hanging things from the doors :!:

Sponsored Links
You can use the repair plate but only with minor damage, if you have another unit next to it you can sometimes use a larger longer wood screw to secure hinge or you can use a repair putty or flexible car body filler to fill and give a secure repair for refitting screw.
Thats four options, take your pick. ;)

There are also some 10mm plastic inserts as used on some of the cheaper units. You can drill the hole out to 10mm resin these in and drill the 2mm hole out to a 5.5, 5.0mm hole i found isn't quite loose enough to take the hinge screw!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back