Kitchen hob isolator

RKB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Designing a new kitchen, and would like to have only sockets above worktop - nice and clean.
Do I have to have a hob isolator switch on the wall, or can this go in the cupboard below / alongside.
Got my spark coming in next week, and would like to have design sorted asap..
Thanks

Sponsored Links
RKB said:
Designing a new kitchen, and would like to have only sockets above worktop - nice and clean.
Do I have to have a hob isolator switch on the wall, or can this go in the cupboard below / alongside.
Got my spark coming in next week, and would like to have design sorted asap..
Thanks

it has to be accessable. so no, it cant go in a cupboard. also, your spark should be designing it. after all, he can only sign off his work

Is it an elec or gas hob?

If gas you could use a bank of 3 switches for your appliances to your cooker, I sometimes use MK grid and put in oven, hob and hood switches for the cooker side, and dishwasher and washing ,machine for that side of the kitchen.

If elec hob you need a higher rated switch usually.
It is better to have all switches on the wall, if you want it to look nice use MK grid with chrome faceplate.

andrew2022,
I employ a spark for his technical abilities, not his design...
baldelectician,
thanks for the suggestion. It's an electric hob, and I'll check the MK option in the morning.
Cheers guys

Sponsored Links
RKB said:
andrew2022,
I employ a spark for his technical abilities, not his design...
A bit of a misunderstanding I think, I think Andrew means the design of the electrical installation to comply with BS7671 (IEE regs) as to not burn the house down or kill someone, not his artistic skills. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back