Kitchen spotlights - energy saving replacement suggestions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a centre spotlight in my kitchen with 4 bulbs (40W R50 SES's).

I want to reduce my total wattage burning and am just wondering what the best replacement would be for similar light output / less energy?

Thanks for any pointers...

Adam.

Sponsored Links
He's probably looking for these as opposed to replacing a surface fitting for multiple recessed fittings.

Yep, Megaman are certainly the way to go. And they do nice dimmerable and dimmable versions too now.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys - the direct replacements look like a great option.

I take it TLC is the forum's online store of choice for getting this stuff?

Be a bit wary of dimmable low energy (ie cfl) megaman lamps - they are still having some teething troubles regarding compatability with dimmers (loading) and not all will work, despite what their literature says!

SB

Be a bit wary of dimmable low energy (ie cfl) megaman lamps - they are still having some teething troubles regarding compatability with dimmers (loading) and not all will work, despite what their literature says!

SB
spot on sparkybird.......megaman 'dimmable' CFLs are not up to it...simple as that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back