Kitchen spotlights

Taylortwocities said:
Cool.
These JBs are useful, 20A, 4 terminal and small enough to go thru most downlight holes........

Trouble is, TTC, there are no cable restraints and you'd have both stranded and solid conductors in a single screwed connection, both practices frowned upon.

The only JB that satisfies all the requirements is the over-priced chocbox: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CHOCBOX.html

Sponsored Links
What about where you have stranded cable and flex? Is that OK? ;)

Basil said:
Thanks Taylor,
Can you recommend anywhere to get downlights as well that will take 2 cables and let me wire in parallel?.........all the ones I have seen seem to have a small connection box for one cable!!

Some JCC fire-rated downlights have decent sized terminals... best to check at the wholesaler before you take delivery though, as details like this can change from batch to batch.

Thanks Secure. Think I can finally lay this to rest...have just ordered JB's from TLC....and thanks to everyone else who has helped.... ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Secure.think I can finally lay this one to rest.have just ordered JB's form TLC..and thanks to everyone else for your help.... ;)

dingbat said:
and you'd have both stranded and solid conductors in a single screwed connection, both practices frowned upon.

That's a new one on me Dingbat. Who frowns upon this?

Hey!! I'm a smiley happy person.....'cept when doin' my "I don't belieeeeeeeeeeve it!" Victor Meldrew impersonation. :LOL:

Hi guys.
One quick question.Have all the jb's up in the ceiling and her indoors has decided she wants dimmable mains halogen. I need a triple dimmable switch to run three banks of 50 watt lights. Do I look for something 450 w rated or more.or can I go less with halogens?

Pensdown said:
I was refereing to your (bad) jokes ;) :LOL:

I don't do bad jokes.

Heard the one about the bear in the woods taking a dump? A rabbit walks by so the bear says to him "D'you find the sh*t sticks to your fur?". Rabbit says "No". So bear picks him up & wipes his ar*e with him....

Hi taylor
Thats what I was asking...........what wattage dimmer switch do I need?

So you have got 3 sets of lights and there are 3 lights in each set and each light is 50watts (yes?).
Then each dimmer needs to be rated at 3 x 50 = 150watts assuming the dimmer manufacturer says that you dont need to uprate your dimmer.

The smallest regular dimmer is usually 250W so u should be OK with that but, as I say, check that the dimmer is suitable for a mains halogen load of 150watts.

TTC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back