kitchen wall cabinet vertical adjustment?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm slightly going mad trying to operate the vertical adjustment for my DIY Kitchens wall cabinets. They look to be fairly standard, so wondering if I'm just totally overlooking something obvious.

I think the hardware on the back of the cabinet is a "Traser Rapid 6" - if not, then it is very similar in appearance. Video of how it supposedly works here:

As you can see, once hung on the wall, you can access the hardware from inside the cabinet to adjust the tightness of the cabinet against the wall; and adjust the height of the cabinet on the wall. Tightness to the wall is via a normal cross-head screw. This I can do fine. Height however is adjusted by inserting a screwdriver into a hole which leads to non-standard screw, positioned at 90 degrees with little teeth on top. I presume the idea is that the screwdriver edges catch the teeth and result in the screw turning.

I found the pdf spec of the Traser Rapid 6:
https://www.indaux.com/en/products/doc/29/1/traser6ing.pdf

It suggests on page 220 that:

"Height adjustment Up to 18mm with a Phillips® No.2, Ø6 screwdriver or a Pozidriv® No.2, Ø6."

All of the screwdrivers I have either don't fit in the hole, or if they do fit I can't get them to actually turn the screw. I bought this set of screwdrivers thinking that it included a screwdriver with the above spec (1 x PH 1x80mm, 1 x PH 2x100mm, 1 x PZ 1x80mm, 1 x PZ 2x100mm, 1 x 0.8x4.0x100mm, 1 x 1.0x5.5x125mm) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000297UEI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

None of those work either.

Can anyone advise either what I might be doing wrong; or point me to a Screwfix or B&Q screwdriver that matches the above. I'm not sure what "Ø6" means and I've not had much luck searching for it.

Grateful for any help!

Sponsored Links
Take a picture of the actual screw head?
The PH2 or PZ2 should work looking at the pictures on the pdf... Can you take the weight off the cabinet whilst you adjust it? Does it work with the cabinet off the wall?

I would try it with a bog standard PH2 driver - Those wera drivers sometimes have funny gripper bits on them

It is a ph2 or px2 but the bit on the unit is more like the top of a castle wall than a normal X.

I just had mine off to level them.
69B58D0A-6347-4A68-955C-670391981AEA.png

The vertical adjustment works like this

upload_2019-6-9_8-40-52.png

except that the "gear wheels" in the bracket only have 4 teeth so very hit and miss whether the "teeth" on the screw driver engage properly with the "teeth on the vertical rod.

As SpecialK said take the weight off the supports when adjusting the height so that there is no load for the " gear wheels" to have to lift when turning..

Sponsored Links
I thought chocolate tea pots were a stupid invention, and then along came this useless contraption.

To put up wall unit - screw a batten to the wall - rest unit on batten - fix unit to the wall - and repeat.

Reminds me, got to pick up my motorbike, mechanic says he's fixed the ash tray.

"Height adjustment Up to 18mm with a Phillips® No.2, Ø6 screwdriver or a Pozidriv® No.2, Ø6."

That's pretty stupid of them, Phillips and Pozidriv are not the same and not compatible with each other. You are liable to bugger the screw head, and then you really won't be able to turn them. Because the adjustment screws are right in the corner/edge, it is much easier to use an extra long screwdriver, so that the handle is outside the cabinet, I bought some 450mm screwdrivers for exactly that purpose. Therefore you're keeping the screwdriver shaft nice and perpendicular to the screw head. Going 'off angle' also buggers screw heads.

Show us a piccy, that PDF you linked to shows a Pozidriv head BTW.

I'm not sure what "Ø6" means

The diameter of the shaft of a number 2 screwdriver(either Phillips or Pozi) is 6 millimetres. They have just used the wrong, but very similar character for diameter.

Last edited:
Looks large enough to need a phillips no3 to turn.?

No, that’s it from the back, it’s deffo a No.2 but not a great fit. It would probably be better with the first few mm grinded off.

Thanks, I managed to do this finally with a PH2. In fairness it turned relatively easily, I must have not had it properly aligned when I tried previously. All up and levelled now :) Thanks for the help.

Thanks, I managed to do this finally with a PH2. In fairness it turned relatively easily, I must have not had it properly aligned when I tried previously. All up and levelled now :) Thanks for the help.
Dont forget to screw all the carcases together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back