Kitchen

sorry but we are 17 th edition now and are you saying that a socket ring main should not be rcd protected!!!!

RING FINAL CIRCUIT!!!!!

you have no idea of electrical circuit design, no idea of the regs, and no idea on how to give sound advice.

Not all '17th boards' (what ever they may be) are dual RCD, you could install any configuration of board, it could be a main switch upfront with RCBO's and MCB's, it could be a split load board with MCB's and RCBO's on the main switch side, MCB's on the RCD side, it could be a dual RCD board with non protected ways that can incorporate RCBO's or MCB's, it could be a tripple RCD board ...it could be..it could be.... possibilities are endless.

Not all circuits with sockets require RCD protection, prove us ALL wrong with a regulation number to the contrary.

Did you used to be a kitchen fitter / have you been on a recent 5 day 'wonder boy' electrician course (where you possibly got 'part P-ed' too) ??

Wiggles, listen to the well thanked knowledgeable posters on here. You have some good ideas and seem to be thoughtfully constructing your installation :)

Sponsored Links
rf lighting is high on something all circuits in new build or rewire according to 17th edition are must have dual rcd boards with rcbo smoke alarm all sockets must be rcd protected fact from 15th edition to 17 th any electrician who says different is dangerous.

not one bit of info here is correct :rolleyes:

I am trying to give best advice to wiggles rather than your useles comment and knowledge!!
I guess my comment about you is a matter of opinion, but regarding my knowledge will you please provide examples of it being useless, and a reasoned explanation of why it is, backed up by factual analysis.

You must be able to do that, surely, as you have made that accusation? You wouldn't have made it without an evidential basis, would you?

Sponsored Links
BAS.. your multi-quote to the OP seems a little harsh..
seems to me ( and feel free to correct me ) that the OP is still in the design stages and has yet to employ the services of a sparky.
seems like the OP is exploring options and looking for advice on best practices to put on the spec that he wants the sparkies to quote for..

then again I've been known to read too much into peoples posts...

What a storm in a teacup this thread has become, just for a simple domestic kitchen supply, for goodness' sake!

Lucia.

"ub9533"

What an extremely strange person!

Who installs ring mains in domestics? I don't. Ring finals maybe but not ring mains! (I wonder if he knows what a ring main actually is?)

(Ring finals and radials both have their own advantages and disadvantages)

'tis also pretty obvious that his first (or second) language is not English.

Perhaps he thinks he's on that other site "Joined up thinking NOT . com"

i am electrictian 23 years
You have strange customers and jobs for an electrician....

Hello All
I have a customer that wants a wood burner and oil boiler link up yet wants mains pressure hot water i have been told that you are not allowed to have an unvented cylinder with a neutralizer yet dunsley have diagrams for this http://www.dunsleyheat.co.uk/images/LINKUP_LEAFLET_July_09.pdf

I have never fitted a thermal store so dont know how good they are.
Also they would like the wood burner not just to do the hot water but to help out with the heating of the rads.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Hello all
Just got back from an oil boiler serviced 2 weeks ago customer complained burning sooty went back changed nozzle did another analysis 12% co2 the sooty exhaust gone but the only thing that concerns me is the flue exhaust temp got up to 400 C is this the soot burning off ? The manual says flue temp 240 C Why is it soo high any help thx..

I'd love to know what he thought would happen when he decided to post all that blithering nonsense and claim to be an electrician.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back