knock off nigel

The only ones to blame for the high salaries the artists get are the people that buy the media at whatever price the distributors can get away, if you wish prices to come down you all need to stop buying the stuff, simple market forces will bring the amount the artists can demand down.
Let's hope that piracy get's better then and forces the money grabbing to55pots to accept reasonable salaries so that people on lower incomes can afford the entertainment.

SS, I appreciate that my view may seem a little extreme but the divide between the have's and the have not's is growing bigger all the time mainly as a result of sports and the arts and I really feel for people with kids on low (or even average) incomes who are being systematically ripped off by these people.

MW

Sponsored Links
Why?

I agree fully with what you say about the divide between the haves and the have nots, absolutely. But ithe cause of this chasm is a very complex equation that involves far more than just the arts & sports. Further, it's been developing over a very very long time.

I wouldn't say they're being ripped off. [Edited sentence for clarity]

This is a free world.

If they don't want to pay what they see as a vastly inflated price for a particular product, then they should not purchase it!

Sponsored Links
I am an average guy, I work all week, I drink about a pint of beer a week(if that), I don't do drugs & yes I smoke.
I have a wife and a daughter as well as a mortgage, We have pets.
We don't live a lavish lifestyle at times it's damned hard.
Why should I be expected to pay £40 - £50 for a game, £15-£20 for a film or £10 - £15 for an album.

I am equal to all the people that work in the entertainment industry(or so we are told)

The majority of the problems are down to the greedy suits at the MPAA, RIAA, etc that say they represent the artists, How much monies does an artist actualy recieve from the sale of an album? 1% if they are lucky.
Most of their money comes from merchandise and concerts, so it doesnt make a lot of difference if you download music or buy it, If you like an artist you will be more inclined to go see them in concert.

It has been proved that downloading of music leads to greater sales overall, If you don't know an artist or there music how many of you are willing to spend £10 on an album that you might not like?

Downloading is like "try before you buy" a lot of artists sales have been boosted by people downloading their music that had never heard of them, liking what they hear, then buying the said artists albums.

It is not the downloading they are sueing for it's the uploading/seeding once you have downloaded.

If the industry embraced new technology instead of fighting it happy medium would be had by all (remember the horror of the twin cassette player that could record all your tapes you had bought & the double VHS recorder!)

So to answer the question YES I AM!!!

Back