knock off nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does this new advert make you think twice about illegal downloading, ?(that's,if you did it of course)
Just read a few comments on youtube under the Advert, and everyone seems to think it's okay to do it.
Who pays for the adverts, knowing that people are just taking the mick?

Sponsored Links
We're living in a money grabbing world where everyone is out to get you - including the government. Nobody seems to have any moral fibre any more. Where's the justice? It's gone. So it's no wonder then that people take the advert lightly.
There are very few people these days who are willing to stick their heads over the parapet and do the right thing.

bloody right if its cheap or knocked off i'll be there, don't care what route it come from.

Sponsored Links
So long as it was not too badly damaged when it fell off the back of the wagon, then it's OK by me. :LOL:

I blame speed humps for the increase in sales of 'off the back of the wagon' stuff. They should make sure their loads are secure before speeding over the humps. :rolleyes:

No, the advertisers got it all wrong.

They've used some jolly, light-hearted tune to illustrate a serious (in their view) message.

When we are constantly bombarded with "celebrities" swanning around in their expensive gear and enjoying the high life, and then with the likes of Simon Cowel and Simon Fuller who clearly profit from exploiting the artists, then who is going to think twice about not giving them £5 for a single?

For most people, downloading is too much hassle anyway, particularly with the price of DVD's these days, and the availability of pay per view via Virgin/Sky.

It's mainly the real geeky types, or people too tight/broke to cough up to see/buy a movie, who are downloading films.

Music is much more commonly downloaded, but again, a large chunk of people can't be bothered to hunt around for illegal site, and just buy from itunes. Billions of songs sold in just a few years.

There will always be people buying films/music as long as there is a perceived value in what they are buying. £13.99 for a standard cased 10 track CD (from a just a few years ago) is a thing of the past.

Why should anyone not pay for a video or audio product, whether downloaded or purchased from a high street store?

Would those of you who think it's OK to download stuff illegally consider stealing that same product from a store?

If not, why not?

People who download movies etc generally accept that the quality may not be as good as the real thing. ;)

The answer to this one is simple ... Pay people in the arts a reasonable salary so that movies are made for reasonable sums of money so that they are available to buy at realistic £'s.

Whilst these people earn such obscene sums of money their industry deserves to be ripped off IMO and good luck to all who do so.

MW

I am very surprised by that, MW!

So, where do you draw the line?

I believe that this product is overpriced, the people involved in making it were vastly overpaid, therefore I'm going to nick it!

Sticky wicket, mate!!

The only ones to blame for the high salaries the artists get are the people that buy the media at whatever price the distributors can get away, if you wish prices to come down you all need to stop buying the stuff, simple market forces will bring the amount the artists can demand down.

So I can't get home in time to watch the film, so I video it instead. I then watch it whenever I like instead of buying the DVD.

Have I nicked it? :eek:

i don't buy hookie gear.

it perpetuates a criminal supply chain.

more misery for all.

Sponsored Links
Back