Koi owners beware......thieving barstewards!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone has any Koi in the North West area beware!

I had 4 Koi stolen last night, must have been very late on as I was still awake at 3am!

Would love to get my hands on the thieving gits!

Sponsored Links
Could they have been taken by herons?

You need to install some PIR lighting.

Wotan

Could they have been taken by herons?

You need to install some PIR lighting.

Wotan

Koi where too big for herons and I have PIR lighting installed. Thats whats annoyed me the most.....they even used my own net to get them out!

They also knew what they where looking for as they took 2 of the best koi I have.....I have been sat near the pond all morning and didnt even notice them gone until the little one asked where such a fish was :(

To say i'm angry is an understatement :evil:

Be, vigilant thieving scum usually return, my sympathy I know exactly how you feel.
Don't do anything rash, the law is on the side of the criminal not the victim's these days.

Sponsored Links
I guess they were more like pets too. What would they be worth in £s?

I guess they were more like pets too. What would they be worth in £s?

They are only worth what someone will pay really. If they where at a koi dealer (tend to be more expensive) they would be between £250-£500 each. My largest Showa I could have sold for £500+ quite easily.

I know this sounds like a joke, and I don't mean to be flipant, but is it possible to get fish, chipped?
As you would a cat or dog.

Wotan

Nothing new about Koi theft if you’re a know keeper. I kept them (in Essex) up until 7 years ago & it was rife; although I personally never had any stolen, I knew a few who did.

The saddest thing is they may well have been stolen just to "eat” rather than sell on; I won’t go into detail as I’m sure you can work it out for yourselves, it’s the way things are now. :cry:

Immigration is good for the country. :rolleyes:

Most of the local canals are almost devoid of the usual fish stocks.
Local lake ( very well stocked) has just invested several thousand on CCTV and security patrols.
Even caught some late visitors, something got lost in the translation apparently when they were challanged.

They like a bit of swan do the Roma.

I know this sounds like a joke, and I don't mean to be flipant, but is it possible to get fish, chipped?
As you would a cat or dog.

Wotan

Yes you can have Koi chipped, its called micro chipping. Its a pretty new thing for your basic koi keeper but fisheries have been doing it for a while now.

It was pretty expensive when it first came out, not sure what it costs these days though.

I don't blame you at all snico. B*astards.
I'd be livid it happened to me.

'Richard C' was spot on about the thefts in Essex being rife a few years ago.
It was quite widely known at the time that the thefts weren't for the purposes of 'selling on' but for the dinner table. This was especially true during the christmas period as 'certain' (cough,cough) immigrant nations traditionally eat carp at christmas.

Thieving Scumbags eh!

Its the usual I presume, we work hard and buy nice things only for some scally that has prob never had a job in their life to think 'that's nice - I'll have that'.

Had someone (well 2 someones) try to kick my door in to get my car keys and that felt bad enough - But to have your 'pets' stolen is worse.

I'd seriously get CCTV, PIR lighting and some effing traps set. Glue broken glass to the tops of your walls/fence and follow the blood trail.

I truly believe the law should be changed so that when someone steps onto your property without your permission, they should lose any rights - You should have a given right to protect your family and possessions!

Good old British laws eh - You were lucky they didnt trip on your net and sue you!

I don't blame you at all snico. B*astards.
I'd be livid it happened to me.

'Richard C' was spot on about the thefts in Essex being rife a few years ago.
It was quite widely known at the time that the thefts weren't for the purposes of 'selling on' but for the dinner table. This was especially true during the christmas period as 'certain' (cough,cough) immigrant nations traditionally eat carp at christmas.

I never heard of them thefts you mention. I can believe it though!

Sponsored Links
Back