Koi owners beware......thieving barstewards!!!!

Sponsored Links
Snico..I hate the thieving scumbags with a passion but I suspect that if you still have some left in the pond the fookers will be back.......buy a bear trap and leave it next to the pond and wait for the screams......have you got any immigrants near you??

I loved my fish, but the harsh winter had them away...

But getting a fish, chipped, sounds odd. Brings a new meaning to Fish and Chips doesn't it?

How do you chip a fish? I can understand under the flesh of a cat or dog, or ringing a bird, but a fish?

To chip a fish.

Catch, without being captured yourself.
Descale, gut and then marinate ( parsley and basil mint and a touch of cider vinegar). bake/bbq 35 mins Enjoy.

Or have a chip inserted into back of neck or front belly.

You need chipping :D

Sponsored Links
To chip a fish.

Catch, without being captured yourself.
Descale, gut and then marinate ( parsley and basil mint and a touch of cider vinegar). bake/bbq 35 mins Enjoy.

Or have a chip inserted into back of neck or front belly.

You need chipping :D

EH? Beyond belief?! What is he going on about?

I was wondering how somebody who wanted to steal fish from a back garden pond would go about it. Then I had a look on google and there I had the answer. Just about every koi stocked pond is wonderfully photographed for you. All the access and escape routes can be planned for a motor vehicle or even somebody with a shopping bag. Very few ponds would be thief proof.
I would be stupid then to get it home and cook it because if it was sold on Ebay etc., I get loads of fish and chips with the money. Do you recognise your fish on here.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=...oi+carp&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

The least somebody should do is photograph their precious koi in the hope they can be identified.

P.S.
Its a pity that if Google was used to to glean information to gain crimiinal access to a property they should be found to be co-respondent to the crime.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Unfortunately thats the problem, its very hard to make them 'theft' proof. If someone can climb your fence then they pretty much have access to your fish!

How do you chip a fish? I can understand under the flesh of a cat or dog, or ringing a bird, but a fish?

They inject a small microchip next to the dorsal or pelvic fin

They inject a small microchip next to the dorsal or pelvic fin

You could get them Trackered I suppose? :mrgreen:

seal.jpg

I'd seriously get CCTV, PIR lighting and some effing traps set. Glue broken glass to the tops of your walls/fence and follow the blood trail.

Good old British laws eh - You were lucky they didnt trip on your net and sue you!
don`t glue glass to your fence as you will get sued even just by some one mum cos kid went climb over for his ball
plant hawthorn bush as they can not sue for that

Going on holiday tomorrow .....hope our koi are still there when we get back.....its quite worrying.
As you say its hard to defend your property without getting yourself into trouble......how crazy is that
:eek:

even if you did have cctv, probally was wearing hoods...youv'e got to back track and think who knew you had these carp....and i bet they have only just seen them recently.

Just for info, anti climb/scaling devices can be used.
Glass isnt allowed though.
They have to be 8ft or over, above the ground and a warning sign has to be visible from the unprotected side.

Does the sign say" Chuck a bit of old carpet over the top of the wall to stop injury"?

Sponsored Links
Back