Kwasi Kwarteng

Sponsored Links
MMT is hogwash

the majority of economists think so, only the nutters think otherwise
Of course it is. I mean, the £ isn't a fiat, floating currency is it?
Only 'nutters' and history deniers think we are still on the gold standard.

You are clueless

imagine thinking brexit is the answer to anything at all :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm genuinely interested in what you think the benefits of being in the EU are. I mean, for you personally, not for capital in general. Could you explain? I'd love to know.

I talk facts

brexit wont be reversed in the next parliament because it is upto the EU not the UK -and they wont be interested without significant proof of public support -for which there is no political will as there are too many whining thick people alive.
So would it be in their interests to turn the screws to such an extent that Britain drops the pound and signs up to the euro.?

Sponsored Links
Of course it is. I mean, the £ isn't a fiat, floating currency is it?
Only 'nutters' and history deniers think we are still on the gold standard.
strawman argument

MMT doesnt work

If you bothered to do more research instead of feeding your bias, you would be able to learn why it is not a magic money tree

So would it be in their interests to turn the screws to such an extent that Britain drops the pound and signs up to the euro.?
what are you on about?

the EU have no interest in UK joining if there is a chance the idiotic Tories could reverse it again

what will happen is that over the next decade the UK will begin to build closer relationship with its nearest and biggest trade partner, probably having some form of single market.

strawman argument

MMT doesnt work

If you bothered to do more research instead of feeding your bias, you would be able to learn why it is not a magic money tree
No strawman there, just facts.

MMT doesn't 'work' or not 'work'. It describes the capacity of currency issuing governments with their own fiat, floating currency - in other words, what happens right now, every day, in the UK.

Magic Money Tree you say ... so , tell me then Oh Wise One, once the Supply and Appropriation Bill (Main Estimates) and later the Supply and Appropriation Bill (Anticipation and Adjustments) Bill are passed (there's no debate) what, in your opinion can stop the spending in both/each?

EDIT: Cue my privileges to reply being revoked - normally happens about now.

Notch, how do you find this scattergun approach of talking ******? Think it helps in not coming under closer scrutiny?

I'm genuinely interested in what you think the benefits of being in the EU are. I mean, for you personally, not for capital in general. Could you explain? I'd love to know.
Trade gravity
frictionless market of $16 trillion on our doorstep
access to flexible workforce, ask how our hospitality and agri industry is going
ability to to work freely across 27 countries…ash musicians, entertainers, video and photography professionals

For me personally:
freedom to have pet passport so I can take my dog on holiday to France
ability to purchase goods across 27 countries to the UK with no trade barriers
ability for my wife to sell goods on her Etsy shop all over EU
ability for some friends of mine who have a villa in Spain to spend over 90 days there.
ability for my business to purchase timber from France and Germany with not trade friction

Perhaps you can tell what benefits you have personally gained

FB_IMG_1665780672666.jpg

Trade gravity
frictionless market of $16 trillion on our doorstep
access to flexible workforce, ask how our hospitality and agri industry is going
ability to to work freely across 27 countries…ash musicians, entertainers, video and photography professionals
That's part of the argument for capital - uprooting millions of eastern europeans whilst depressing real wages in the UK - I asked you to put forward how it benefited you and you, genuinely said:

For me personally:
freedom to have pet passport so I can take my dog on holiday to France
ability to purchase goods across 27 countries to the UK with no trade barriers
ability for my wife to sell goods on her Etsy shop all over EU
ability for some friends of mine who have a villa in Spain to spend over 90 days there.
ability for my business to purchase timber from France and Germany with not trade friction
You want your dog to 'see Europe'.
You can buy goods from anywhere in the world already, check out eBay, aliexpress, Bangood etc.
You want your wife to have a little job.
... jees, I'll stop there.

Really? All of your reasons for being part of the EU are about your dog and your wife? Really? Lol
Have a good look at yourself.

Sponsored Links
Back