Labour are , Tories are......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Picked this up on another forum and it might be going round Facebook too.
Type into the google search labour are , liberals are , or SNP are and the auto complete gives you a very similar result , but try typing in Tories are or conservatives and it seems to be switched off.
The cynical amongst us might just see it as a thank you from google for a cushty tax deal.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
But use "Conservative Party are" auto-completes as normal.
Perhaps you can use Conservatives to refer to an individual person or persons, but you can't use Labour to refer to an individual person or persons.
As in "they are conservatives" would be grammatically correct to refer to a bunch (ahem) of Tory MPs. Whereas referring to a bunch of Labour MPs it would not be grammatically correct to say "they are Labour", it would need further qualifying words to make it grammatically correct. Such as "they are Labour MPs" or "they are Labour reps" or "they are some of Labour", etc.
Labour can only refer to the party.
So perhaps Google distinguishes that concept.
Just a thought.

He's Labour through and through that guy.
But that's referring to his political belief, not the person.
Whereas you can say, " he's a conservative" or "he's a Tory."

So "conservatives are winging it" could refer to people, not the party. Whereas "Labour are winging it" clearly refers to the party.

He's Labour through and through that guy.
But that's referring to his political belief, not the person.
Whereas you can say, " he's a conservative" or "he's a Tory."

So "conservatives are winging it" could refer to people, not the party. Whereas "Labour are winging it" clearly refers to the party.
I get your point. Damn best get up the edl club and say a few hail hitlers

Lost interest in politics when I realised that the world is pretty much run by banking cartels. Politicans job is just try and make the best of a bad situation and stop everyone from taking to the streets with bricks and bottles.

Lost interest in politics when I realised that the world is pretty much run by banking cartels. Politicans job is just try and make the best of a bad situation and stop everyone from taking to the streets with bricks and bottles.
Yes! The red team or the blue team? (or, God forbid, the green team or the yellow team?) Heated discussion follows!
"Your vote makes a difference!"
It doesn't. . .

Yes! The red team or the blue team? (or, God forbid, the green team or the yellow team?) Heated discussion follows!
"Your vote makes a difference!"
It doesn't. . .

I wonder who picked the colours?
Red Pill vs Blue Pill (a la Matrix) - the blue pill is the illusory dream world; the red pill is the reality (which may be harsh). Hmmmm.........

Sponsored Links
Back