Labour gains??

Peanuts...
And in any case its just a tiny reversal of the nu labour spending spree which was un warranted in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Snico:

And the option was? Get deeper into debt? Default on said debt? Even bigger cuts?

Labour were silly and went spending to win votes - now the bill is on the doormat we can't pay it.

So what do you suggest we do?

And the option was? Get deeper into debt? Default on said debt? Even bigger cuts?

Has there been a reversal in the debt bill since call me Dave has been in no10?

Sponsored Links
It will never be paid off - we will default.

Why? its been proven that a debt can be paid so why not now.

Of course it will - we are borrowing an average of 10 billion per month - we can't even stop borrowing never mind pay it back.

too big cuts and too quickly :confused:

Spending has increased every year slightly above inflation, this information is readily accessible.

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/budget_current.php?fy=2009

2008 - 570 billion
209 - 631 billion
2010 - 654 billion
2011 - 690 billion
2012 - 703 billion (projected)

2012 is the first year of actual cuts (in that the increase from 690 to 703 billion is less than inflation).

The deficit is still 126 or so billion pounds for 2012.

(to put that into context, if you taxed the top 10% at 100% instead of 40%, that would only raise another 60 billion or so (assuming they paid 100% tax)). And tax income has only fallen by several hundred billion from the crash.

I am not a tory voter, but please don't buy into this deceitful and lying labour "To many cuts to soon" or "Savage cuts".

This government like the last is hemorrhaging money.

£80bn public spending cuts

Cuts in some departments, overall spending has risen, governments own figures show this, why do you lie?

Police budget cuts by 16%

The police and the military should not have been cut, I agree, but these cuts are chicken feed in the economy.

Councils 7% cuts

Council funding rose above inflation year on year preceding the crash, in fact it doubled under labour, if they had kept spending in control, it wouldn't need cutting.

State pension rises, costing £5bn per year

Errr, that's not a cut silly, that's further expenditure

500'000 public sector jobs gone by 2015

1. You know the year is 2012 right? Future cuts affecting the now? hmmm.
2. Do we really need 6 MILLION public servants?

Cuts to child benefits

Chicken feed.

Again, this is not a pro tory post, they are both as bad as each other.

the great british public have either short memories or only hear what they want to hear, added to that people vote for what affects them personally (as in how much money is in my wallet today) whereas what they should be voting for is the bigger picture. The country is basically bust and 2 years aint nothing to sort the mess out by the last encumbents of No 10. It would have been better to have bigger cuts and more taxes straight away rather than drip drip drip over a longer period. As in years past, the Tories will get us out of the **** only for labour to get back in and ride on the glory of the recovery:cry:

Cuts in some departments, overall spending has risen, governments own figures show this, why do you lie?

The figures are there in black and white, if you cant understand basic economics then no point explaining to you.

The police and the military should not have been cut, I agree, but these cuts are chicken feed in the economy.

34'000 potential police losses, plus the saving of £1.5bn...has a massive knock on effect...its not chicken feed!

Errr, that's not a cut silly, that's further expenditure

That will cost the taxpayers another £5bn

1. You know the year is 2012 right? Future cuts affecting the now? hmmm.
2. Do we really need 6 MILLION public servants?

Do you think these cuts wont start till 2015?, they have started now and are having an affect now.

They are just a few examples.

Osbourne's austerity programme, investing upto 25% less into the public sector has caused this slight double dip recession, mainly due to the construction industry....and this is happening with all of his very drastic cuts and cutbacks.

He has now had the cheek to come out and say its all down to the Eurozone crisis :confused:

His strategy is not working one bit and I dont think him and his rich chums have any ideas!

The figures are there in black and white, if you cant understand basic economics then no point explaining to you.

2008 - 570 billion
209 - 631 billion
2010 - 654 billion
2011 - 690 billion

indeed........

34'000 potential police losses, plus the saving of £1.5bn...has a massive knock on effect...its not chicken feed!

You are including cuts yet to happen.

and 1.5bn of a 126 billion deficit in a trillion pound economy.

Yea, chicken feed

(pensions)That will cost the taxpayers another £5bn

I'm sorry what?

You are arguing against the cuts, yet also arguing a further increase in pension (the opposite of a cut) costs us.

Do you even understand your own argument?

Do you think these cuts wont start till 2015?, they have started now and are having an affect now.

2008 - 570 billion
209 - 631 billion
2010 - 654 billion
2011 - 690 billion

Facts are a pain in the bum are they not?

Osbourne's austerity programme, investing upto 25% less into the public sector

2008 - 570 billion
209 - 631 billion
2010 - 654 billion
2011 - 690 billion

Please point out in the above the 25% reduction?

mainly due to the construction industry

excess credit = House price bubble = banks fall due to excess credit = pop goes house price bubble = fall in construction

He has now had the cheek to come out and say its all down to the Eurozone crisis :confused:

You mean to say he's as dishonest as labour, I am shocked, shocked and appalled sir!

His strategy is not working one bit and I dont think him and his rich chums have any ideas!

Sorry, which rich chums would those be, do you mean he is friends with labour considering the labour party leadership is all a bunch of private school multi millionaire toffs like the conservatives?

Sponsored Links
Back