Laminate and radiators.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I fitted my laminate in the rest of my downstairs I had removed all the rads. I used a hole saw and placed the hole over the rad pipe and then put a covering trim over it which looks fine.

In a room I am now doing the rad is already in place and I am not sure how to fit the floor round the pipes.

Any tips gratefully received.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You can use the same hole-saw for it and then with a jigsaw cut out the rest of the board so you can slit the board to the wall and the pipe. Then you can use the sawn-out bit you did with the jigsaw to place it behind the pipe.

THanks for that, is there a specific blade I should use for cutting laminate with a jigsaw. The one I am currently using chips the edges of the laminate ?

A very fine one and cut holding the board upside down.

Good luck

Sponsored Links
or a laminate blade which cuts on the down stroke, much easier as most of your marking out will be on the face side

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back