Laminate to laminate large height difference rebate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have removed the sliding door between dining room and conservatory, but with the 20mm insulation and underfloor heating mats, there will be approx 30-35mm height difference between the two floors. I want to lay the same laminate through both rooms with as seamless a threshold as possible, and increasing the height in the dining room isn't an option as it'll mean the same problem at kitchen and living room thresholds. Any ideas? I can only find threshold bars with up to 20mm rebate online. Pleas help!

Sponsored Links
will be a trip hazard so should be avoided
not an easy solution other than padding out the whole or some off the floor
perhaps a 20mm step and a 20mm decreasing over perhaps 1.2-1.4m not ideal in any way but you either move the problem as you say thats not an option or find some other compromise

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies. As I don't have required tools to make my own, I'm going down the route of getting a custom threshold bar made with the 35mm rebate over a reasonably large width (probs 90mm) to give a smooth ramp and hopefully reduce tripping hazard

make sure its a contrasting colour /wood to draw attention to the difference

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back