Landlords 5 year Electricity check

3 lengths of 10mm cable from the back of the indoor socket to a waterproof junction box on the outside wall which contains a steel connector strip.
From the junction box there are 2 SWA cables. 1 x 10mm 3 core, (L,N+E), going to a shed about 15 metres away which has a 'Garage' CU fitted with 30mA RCD, 1 x 20A MCB feeding a ring circuit of 3 sockets and 1 x 6A MCB feeding 2 lights The second SWA from the junction box, (and hence the same connection strip), is 4mm 3 core, (L,N+E), going to an outdoor waterproof socket, (also 30mA protected), feeding 2 freezers in a shed about 5 metres away. The outdoor socket is also mounted inside the shed.
Although the 'big' shed with the ring in has a few woodworking tools, (small lathe, planer/thicknesser. table circular saw and table top mitre saw), only one socket at a time is ever able to be used because I can only operate one piece of machinery at a time. All machines are fitted with 13A plugs.

I'll see if I can get some photo's of the outside box showing the cables, garage CU and freezer socket over the weekend if the weather eases up.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back