Language used in parliament yesterday - your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Watching the commons live at the moment and one of the main topics has been the use of inflammatory language yesterday by all parties that is going some way towards making and keeping bad relations between the parties to the detriment of the populace. Agree or disagree?

Edit: I think I just heard someone speaking in the commons say "Lynch the bast ard'!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I watched it all last night. First time I've ever watched more than a clip on the news, let alone about 6 hours solid. A brilliant performance from Boris, and he's totaly correct.

The remainers have brought it on themselves, and have surrendered to Brussels. The snowflake faux-outrage is just to mask their own ineptitude and they don't like being told so.

I watched it all last night. First time I've ever watched more than a clip on the news, let alone about 6 hours solid. A brilliant performance from Boris, and he's totaly correct.

The remainers have brought it on themselves, and have surrendered to Brussels. The snowflake faux-outrage is just to mask their own ineptitude and they don't like being told so.

What he said.

Boris didnt say anything inflammatory, the storm in the teacup whipped up to hide the fact, when Boris refused to apologise they had no plan B so resorted to the gutter to stir up emotion.

Do you remember anything Corbyn said last night? No. Corbyn free the Islington one! I remember that :D

Sponsored Links
Perhaps Boris stating that the best way for the murdered MP Jo Cox to be remembered would be to deliver Brexit was a bit much. She was against Brexit. Even his sister on TV just now is saying that's not right. I have to agree and hopefully he will apologise for that. I agree with most of the other stuff he said though..

Perhaps Boris stating that the best way for the murdered MP Jo Cox to be remembered would be to deliver Brexit was a bit much. She was against Brexit. Even his sister on TV just now is saying that's not right. I have to agree and hopefully he will apologise for that. I agree with most of the other stuff he said though..

I hear you but i personally have no regard for a personal beef between his sister and him, i have associates i would side over some of my siblings. I still don't agree with bringing JCox in there in the first place, i dont agree Boris was whipping up hatred, there was alot of emotion both sides, more so from the shouting remainers and for that it didn't require bringing up someone who we tragically lost, i can see people hanging off his response as flippant but i refer you as to the reason to bring up these obvious sensitive and incendiary emotions into the discussion.

Yesterdays performance by Johnson was planned strategy by Cummings and Johnson.

It is deliberately designed to create an enemy; parliament, rebel Tories, opposition, the 11 judges, anybody that mentions Jo Cox
- all being defined as the enemy.

The strategy is to ramp up his people versus parliament narrative -because he needs to get labour leavers and brexit party supporters voting conservative.

Many Tory MPs are unconfortable, but they are going with it because they might be rewarded with an election win.

It is the exact same strategy used by Trump......but we shouldnt be surprised Johnson is getting advice from Steve Bannon.

This isnt about Brexit, it is just about Johnson and power.

Perhaps Boris stating that the best way for the murdered MP Jo Cox to be remembered would be to deliver Brexit was a bit much. She was against Brexit. Even his sister on TV just now is saying that's not right. I have to agree and hopefully he will apologise for that.

That was not the full context.

Some of the remainer MP's were complaining about the abuse they had been getting, and then someone brought in ex MP Jo - about her passion for democacy and comitment to her beliefs.

Boris replied several times that the abuse was due to the frustration that the electorate felt due to remainers blocking Brexit, and to stop that and restore the electorate's faith in democracy and Parliament would be to get Brexit done and stop delaying the process and increasing the abuse and frustration.

It's interesting to note that the Press are concentrating on only a small number of comments and removing the context of most of the debate.

frustration that the electorate felt due to remainers blocking Brexit

It is just nuts. Reason to leave: EU is not democratic.
Why are you upset? Democracy is working.

Can't win. The Labour solution is the only one left that is workable, assuming Boris doesn't somehow force a no deal brexit next month
- get a deal, agree it in parliament, 2nd ref for people to say they definitely agree too. Tories could do that too, but they are less keen on following the democratic process.

Anything else is going to lead to more years of arguing and division.

Yesterdays performance by Johnson was planned strategy by Cummings and Johnson.

It is deliberately designed to create an enemy; parliament, rebel Tories, opposition, the 11 judges, anybody that mentions Jo Cox
- all being defined as the enemy.

The strategy is to ramp up his people versus parliament narrative -because he needs to get labour leavers and brexit party supporters voting conservative.

Many Tory MPs are unconfortable, but they are going with it because they might be rewarded with an election win.

It is the exact same strategy used by Trump......but we shouldnt be surprised Johnson is getting advice from Steve Bannon.

This isnt about Brexit, it is just about Johnson and power.

I'm sure his strategy is to make it very clear to the electorate that a large portion of parliament and 'the establishment' are doing absolutely everything they can to frustrate Brexit, no matter the cost.

You also hear the remain contingent using similar, if not more, inflammatory language about Boris in an attempt to turn a portion of the electorate away from him and the Tory party.

A large percentage (and in my opinion, a majority) of the country are becoming increasingly frustrated by the paralysis that is being imposed on the country, and simply see Boris attempting to generate a satisfactory Brexit deal without the backstop but with the remain contingent doing everything they can to frustrate this process.

It is about power, but its about creating the power required to deliver Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back