Large boiler, small .......

Which begs the question.... Again.... Why do people on this forum insist on giving advice they are I'll equipped to give?

The problem with forums, bloody Which magazine and the cretins on day time TV is that they have no clue on the subjects they're talking about, but have just enough air of authority to make the unsuspecting think they are getting sound advice.

Then when the likes of the OP are trying to do their job, the customer things they're being had over, making the job harder than it needs to be.
It's a fair point and i see what you're saying, i should not have gone into detailed speculations however he point i wanted to make is that analogies are all very well for stopping the debate but they don't help the customer understand.
However on reflection the op did indeed just want to convince the customer, not educate them, so my advice would have been let the customer have what they want but just charge extra if it's harder.

Sponsored Links
they don't help the customer understand

They do when used correctly. Cruise control isnperfeis for teaching people how to use compensated controls.

I note too that our resident senile old codger hasn't read the Vokera thread, where I believe no one has suggested to replace the boiler.

Personally I've only just realised Intergas are still running a rewards schemevv Christ knows how manu goodies I've lost out on.

Bernie really aught to stop posting generalised boolocxs.

They do when used correctly. Cruise control isnperfeis for teaching people how to use compensated controls.
Fair enough. When people have no clue you don't want to spend hours explaining our risk call backs.

I've never heard a doctor use an analogy, usually they just say it as it is. Although i think they have the same problem with people googling symptoms! But they don't have to worry about not getting paid!

Bernie really aught to stop posting generalised boolocxs.

Who is this Bernie ?, not me as my name is Bernard

But seriously if a boiler is installed in compliance with the manufacturer's instructions then the warranty period should be the same irrespective of which GasSafe technician installed it.

Sponsored Links
seriously if a boiler is installed in compliance with the manufacturer's instructions then the warranty period should be the same irrespective of which GasSafe technician installed it.

I agree to an extent. However, why should the installer not have an insentive of some kind for taking extra time to learn specifics on a product.

In the case of Intergas, it was some of us installers that taught them a few things that their boiler child do that they didn't realise.

In the case of Intergas, it was some of us installers that taught them a few things that their boiler child do that they didn't realise.

Now that is interesting, the designers must have designed a boiler without knowing everything about the boiler they had just designed.....

Now that is interesting, the designers must have designed a boiler without knowing everything about the boiler they had just designed.....

More proof of how little you know

That little bit of knowledge was gleaned from this revelation that you posted

That said the things taught might not have been good things and instead they could have been errors or omissions in the design / functionality of the boilers.

Not really helping, however a thermal store does not care if it is heated by a large or small boiler. In some cases a large, or oversized, boiler has advantages if anti-cycling stats are fitted. The reheat is very quick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back