Latching Relay

If he went for the impulse method, it could get quite interesting if it got out of sync :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Job_n_knock said:
Something you could try is to remove the timer board from a bathroom fan, mount it in a box thats fit for purpose, make the appropriate conns between the door feed/load receiver relay and perm. feed and in the same way as you connect a fan with run-on timer, connect the light to the output where the fan moter would be. Hope that makes sense.
Or just use an off-the-shelf supply for a time-delayed ELV fan - even if that won't drive a 12V lamp, it'll energise a suitable relay.

Would a light burning for a fixed time after the door motor is energised be OK?

nope that would be to easy, i suggested a timer relay and day night sensor but he wasnt interested. he just wants light on when door is open and off when shut. i called the manufacture for the impulse relay and they confirmed when voltage is applied the relay will change state until voltage is applied again. (i called twice spoke to two different people just to be safe,lol)

we're good to go, hope it works.

Some people are never happy.

MKK4870.JPG

these are very useful - press once to turn the light on, press again to turn it off. You can have one by the front door, one by the back door of the garage - quite versatile really. Also available in a metaclad version for the more safety minded installer / client. Fattony, have you reminded your client of the existance of these devices?

In fact, what's wrong with a couple of PIRs operating the inside lights, one outside, one inside, then the lights come on when he approaches.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back