Latest Cancer Warning

J

joinerjohn

Just been on the news. Now scientists and doctors are warning that just one pint of beer or glass of wine per day, increases the risk of cancer.:eek:
FFS next they'll be telling us that breathing too much is bad for us.
I bet these research scientists and doctors, live at home with their parents, don't drink, smoke, eat meat etc. They probably live on a diet of whole fresh peanuts only, have no friends and will never marry.

Mind you, the way beer keeps going up in price, we'll all be teetotal in 5 yrs anyway. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
oral cancers have hugely increased in the last 10-20 years which has been linked to the increased drink culture in this country in particualr ladettes, alongside with fags, no exercise and junk food and mass obesity what does anyone expect.

its hardly rocket science is it.

What a load of cobblers.

Anyone who gets cancer fills in the normal form and if they admit to drinking, their cancer is put down to drinking. If they smoke its down to smoking.

People who have never smoked or touched alcohol still get cancer.

:evil:

Sponsored Links
What a load of cobblers.

Anyone who gets cancer fills in the normal form and if they admit to drinking, their cancer is put down to drinking. If they smoke its down to smoking.

People who have never smoked or touched alcohol still get cancer.

:evil:
Does the 'normal form' include a question about fellatio/cunnilingus?

spacecat, Is there any statistical evidence to say that people today actually drink more than they did years ago? I know we read in the tabloids almost every week about "Binge Drinking" being a major cause of city and town centre mayhem on Friday and Saturday nights, but remember, according to health warnings the term binge drinking applies if you have drank more than 2 pints in any one evening.
I suppose when I play darts on a Tuesday night the NHS have my card marked as a binge drinker, simply because I usually have 3 or 4 pints?
The brewing industry is forever complaining about pubs and clubs closing due to lack of customers. So just how are we supposed to be drinking more than people did, say 30 yrs ago? I've tried to find statistical information to see consumption per head of population over the years but can't.

So just how are we supposed to be drinking more than people did, say 30 yrs ago? I've tried to find statistical information to see consumption per head of population over the years but can't.
I guess it's just another case of 'guilty until proven innocent' based on unproven headlines yet again jj... ;)

Does the 'normal form' include a question about fellatio/cunnilingus?

Not sure what they do at your local institute, but normal hospitals all use the same or similar form that require personal details including questions on smokjing, drinking, allergies, other health issues, current medication etc, etc. :rolleyes:

Not sure what they do at your local institute, but normal hospitals all use the same or similar form that require personal details including questions on smokjing, drinking, allergies, other health issues, current medication etc, etc. :rolleyes:
I guess they might then be missing a vital piece of information that might indeed back up your claim of 'What a load of cobblers'...

Or maybe your institute doesn't allow you to think independantly...;)

I guess they might then be missing a vital piece of information that might indeed back up your claim of 'What a load of cobblers'...

Or maybe your institute doesn't allow you to think independantly...;)

So where is the evidence you have seen that suggests it is not a load of old cobblers?

So where is the evidence you have seen that suggests it is not a load of old cobblers?
I'm not the one disappearing up their own a*se, since I never claimed it was a load of cobblers in the first place...

do keep up with yourself...;)

I'm not the one disappearing up their own a*se,

Sorry, some idiot told me that this chap was you :eek: ;)
head%20up%20ass.jpg

Nice try...

Next time don't use the mirror... ;)

spacecat, Is there any statistical evidence to say that people today actually drink more than they did years ago? I know we read in the tabloids almost every week about "Binge Drinking" being a major cause of city and town centre mayhem on Friday and Saturday nights, but remember, according to health warnings the term binge drinking applies if you have drank more than 2 pints in any one evening.
I suppose when I play darts on a Tuesday night the NHS have my card marked as a binge drinker, simply because I usually have 3 or 4 pints?
The brewing industry is forever complaining about pubs and clubs closing due to lack of customers. So just how are we supposed to be drinking more than people did, say 30 yrs ago? I've tried to find statistical information to see consumption per head of population over the years but can't.

Part of my job involves working with a Primary Health Care Trust they inform us that the levels of alcohol related illnesses and Alcoholism have rocketed in recent years particularly amongst younger people

Also people drink at home now and can buy booze very cheap from any supermarket

Just been on the news. Now scientists and doctors are warning that just one pint of beer or glass of wine per day, increases the risk of cancer.:eek:
Are you sure they said that? you might want to check.

Look for the words "more than"

Sponsored Links
Back